Have got myself in a bit of trouble

by Zico 37 Replies latest jw friends

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

This sort of problem has been an issue for me too.

In my senior year I had a car, so I was able to drive to school. A (former) friend's younger sister also went to the same school and asked if I could pick her up for school. My family and my friend's family went way back, so I didn't consider it any trouble to do this. After a week or so of taking her to school, her stepdad approached me and asked me to stop giving his stepdaughter rides because of the controversy it might create. I didn't think it would cause any...but I agreed to do this out of respect for his wishes.

Edit: At least with my story, the guy didn't threaten to go to the elders. We settled the matter as men and let it go no further. Thank goodness for Liberal Dubland milieu...

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

Just say that there was never any danger of anything happening with the girl because you are gay!!

Pope

• orbison11
    orbison11

hahha pope you are too funny

orb

• Scully
    Scully

When I was that age, I used to babysit for JWs in my congregation all the time. Nobody gave it a second thought when the Brothers™ gave me a ride home, without a chaperone.

Next time his daughter babysits for someone in the congregation, make a point of asking the father if he insisted on her being chaperoned when being picked up or brought back home.

• Scully
    Scully
    You say the girl is 13/14, according to your bio your nearly 21. If the father feels that you would violate his 13/14 year old girl, being 21, what does that say about his beliefs?

Re-reading this comment from DarthFrosty, I would be absolutely furious with the father for implying that your motives were unsavory (ie, child molesting, paedophilia).

FWIW, the Brother™ in my congregation who was found out molesting his own daughters was extremely over-protective of them in this way. Any kind gesture toward the girls was met with his questioning from him and insinuating that the motives behind the kind gestures were lewd and licentious.

• luna2
    luna2

Scully and Darth Frosty make an interesting point. You could go on the offensive, call the elders yourself, tell them that you are highly offended that Brother Jerkbot insinuated that you'd molest a child, and demand an apology.

What do they say?...the best defense is a good offense? Something like that.

• Zico
    Zico

You know, I should demand an apology. I think I'll do that. If the elders do talk to me, which they might not. (I've only been threatened with it so far) then this is what I'll do. If they don't speak to me, I'm not going to bother taking it anywhere. Although it's annoying, I don't see any need to cause conflict with my brother, (real, not spiritual!) unless the guy decides to pursue it himself.

• bebu
    bebu

I wouldn't come off again as angry, nor demand an apology. You could explain that you were feeling truly insulted when your simple intentions were to act as a gentleman to a sister who was walking home in the dark.

Play the upper hand gently and firmly. The downside of this though, is that they may think you are really pretty spiritual and give you some new privileges down the road you really didn't want!!

bebu

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit