Charles Stanley

by mouthy 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Mouthy, you wont believe this, but my friend Jeannie in Pigeon Forge Tennessee called me up last night and told me that she had just watched the Charles Stanley show, and saw Betty Scott on it. Then tonight as I was searching through the posts I came across this post. I called Jeannie back tonight to tell her about you, and how I met you in PA, and also the connection between you and Betty. Jeannie said she enjoyed the show and that everything I have told her about JW's was backed up by what Betty said. It felt good to be validated. Jeannie says the JW's come to her door quite regularly, and she quietly accepts their magazines, then throws them in the trash.

• Had Enough
    Had Enough

Hi Mouthy:

Sorry I didn't get to listen to this program, but the name Betty Scott in your post caught my eye. I knew of 2 different Betty Scotts. One was/is married to Eddie Scott, a Circuit Overseer in the 70/80's. The other lived around your area, Kitchener/Waterloo in the '60s or '70s. I think she was a teacher. Where was your Betty Scott from and do you know her married name now.

Thanks,

Had Enough

• mouthy
    mouthy

ALL of you big hugs.....This Betty Scott is in St Catherines. Her single name was Hamilton....The Betty Scott of Kitchener is still IN the WT in in Kitchener..I sent you answer Abadon on to Betty I think that will encourage her ,,,thanks to all the replies ...when I go to answer them I forgot who wrote them Talk about" Sometimers" deceaseI got "ALLtimers"

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Looked up their site:

What happened to "you received free, give free"?

Today on Radio

• mouthy
    mouthy

What happened to "you received free, give free"?

Yes that bothers me also....

• seek2find
    seek2find

Mouthy, I watched it on the web this morning and she did a great Job. I thought it was really cool that the Camera focused on her Bible that was oppened to proverbs chapter 3. Because I've been thinking about that very chapter this last week. John 8:32 has really proved true to her. I'm really happy for her. seek2find

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit