Bluetooth Headsets: Geeky or Sexy?

by Elsewhere 25 Replies latest jw friends

• frozen one
    frozen one

I was at a wedding reception last year and saw an elder from my parents kh. The guy is probably in his 70's now and he was wearing a bluetooth gadget and looked ultra cool. Really. A 70ish jw elder wearing bluetooth at a wedding reception. And people think old elders are not hip. The same guy is a diabetic and when insulin pumps first came out he got one. He'd stand up on the platform with his suit coat pulled back so everyone could see he had the pump. I guess he would fall in the "look at me" category.

• thecarpenter
    thecarpenter

The damn things look horrible, "look at me, I'm buck rogers". If someone gave me one as a gift, it would go in the glove compartment and probably be forgotten. Sorry if I offend anyone but that's what it looks like to me.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

LOL funny this topic should come up today as I almost bought one for my cell phone this afternoon. Then I thought of the dorkmirelookishgeekybit and decided I didn't want to go there......I'm already dorky enough and the thought of walking around with one of those goofy looking things on my huge cauliflower ears would just be too much dorkiness even for me.

I do wish I had one mostly when I'm driving I am sure it's a safer way to talk on your cell phone while driving. I sure wouldn't walk around talking while shopping like some kind of geek, I hate that it's so annoying.

• zensim
    zensim

I think they are ugly and definitely NOT cool! The only place it is appropriate to wear them is in the car. The minute you get out of the car - take it off!!!!!!!

• Xena
    Xena

I could care less how mine looks on me. I like it and so I wear it.

hehehe and it's fun watching people's faces while they try and figure out if you are talking to them, yourself or you have a blue tooth.

• becca1
    becca1

It cracks me up when I see little old ladies walking around Wallmart talking to themselves and I realize they are wearing a Bluetooth.

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

That was me. I'm not a little old lady, haha! Yesterday in Wal-Mart I called my husband to see what kind of toothpaste he wanted. A man in the toothpaste aisle said "Huh?" I said, "What kind of darn toothpaste do you want?" Then he realized I was on the bluetooth and gave me a disgusted look.

• onacruse
    onacruse

Bluetooth Headsets that squirted pheromones directly into your ears would be sexy...otherwise--y

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

I know how you feel about technology. I work with a lot of technology and I also try to avoid the geek look or having the electronic leash. I still don't have a Bluetooth phone. When I do get one and a headset it will probably stay on my belt rather than my ear.

tsof

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Well this may come as a shock, but Im probably the last person left in the free world who doesnt even own a cellphone, and I never have. Amanda has had several cellphones, but I never saw the need to jusify the expense.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit