Bethel Romeos - throwing your daughters at them

by Uzzah 24 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Wafe
    Wafe

Yet another reason that I left (well I am not DF or DA but I don't plan on going back.) I saw a lot of people confusing spirituality with status.

For a long time, I wanted to marry more than anything and did everything I could to become someone that would be a good husband. I studied the Bible, read all the liturature, went out in service and did all the meetings. However I was told by many people that I was not a good example because I was not a Ministeral Servant or an Elder and as a result sisters turned me down. I was doing everthing else right but I did not have the status.

Now I am 35 and it is looking like there is no way I am going to get married anytime soon as I do not have enough friends and it would take me years to go back and become a MS. As a result, I will more than likely have to give up on marriage all together. The sad part is that I have heard the most Bethelites make the worst mates.

Talk about not being fair. That's when I realized that JW's are like the world, they just show it in a different way.

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

Well Wafe if you want to be married someday 35 sure is not of the age that it is now impossible. I really think most people are waiting to be around your age before they even think of marriage. When I married my second husband he was 42, never been married, or ever had children. It has been a wonderful marriage. He wasn't even interested in marriage it just happened.

You have to get out of that JW thinking that you have to have a position to be a good marriage partner. It is who you are not what you are that is the most important thing. Hang in there...you have lots to give to anyother person.

Leslie

• truthsearcher
    truthsearcher

I don't know if I can fault parents for wanting to see their children find spritual mates, after all, that is what I hope for too.

However, it seems that the standard is a bit mixed up in the WT. Who really would be a good marriage partner? What kind of provider will they be? Is there love for God sincere or just a show put on for others? What about all the other qualities that need to be present? It seems like JW parents sometimes settle for the wrong qualities.

• sf
    sf

Funny uzzah, I don't see you here, with the rest of the finer romeos insane klown posse:

Perhaps you could add it.

LOL!!!

sKally

• ssrriotsquad
    ssrriotsquad

I remember going to a cong located near Bethel with a friend when we were passing through the area.

I had said to him, "Dont be surprised if you get sisters coming up to you and ask whether your are from Bethel or are on the Construction team (as they Assembly was being built as well). If you say 'no', they will leave you within 60 seconds and go to somebody else."

He thought I was joking. As I had said, it did happened.

POSITION DOES MATTER!!!!

I also know of a brother who had been in Bethel, went to the MTS and was assigned to a cong that I was onced associated with. A mother in the cong that we had visited (the one above) always said that he had a silver spoon in his mouth, and she didn't like him, had it in for him to which she blamed him for her daughter leaving the truth, as he didn't become attracted to her daughter when he served in their cong.

While serving in the cong that I was once in, he married this young sister (who had no status in the cong - being from a single parent family) who later left him for an older worldly man. When the mother that had her daughter rejected heard this, she was happy and said it was justice to him for all the times he had put down various sisters that she knew of.

I felt sorry for this bloke, even though he was a bit of a tosser (especially when he was younger) in some respects, but he was an alright fellow, even more-so after his wife left him.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit