January 1 WT Contradicts Itself!

by V 16 Replies latest watchtower bible

• V
    V

I stand corrected:

Its not a contradiction. The GT, which is an indeterminate length of time (some assert that Revelation suggests 3.5 to 7 years) precedes Armageddon. Armageddon is the 'climax' of the GT. So all the WT is saying is that some of the anointed will still be 'alive on the earth' during the GT, but it is not known whether they will still be alive when Armageddon starts.

Revelation--It's Grand Climax at Hand! chap. 38 p. 277 Praise Jah for His Judgments!

17 At this point in Jehovah’s timetable, when the sealing of the 144,000 has reached completion, the angels release the four winds of the great tribulation. (Revelation 7:1-3) First, judgment is executed on harlotlike Babylon the Great. The victorious Christ next moves on quickly to Armageddon to destroy the rest of Satan’s organization on earth and, finally, to abyss Satan and his demons. (Revelation 19:11–20:3) No doubt, anointed ones who survive on earth will soon enter into their heavenly reward to join their fellow members of the bride class. Then, amid a setting of universal peace, the marriage of the Lamb can take place!

Sorry for the false alarm

• Woodsman
    Woodsman

You are a gentleman and a scholar.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff
    Its not a contradiction. The GT, which is an indeterminate length of time (some assert that Revelation suggests 3.5 to 7 years) precedes Armageddon. Armageddon is the 'climax' of the GT. So all the WT is saying is that some of the anointed will still be 'alive on the earth' during the GT, but it is not known whether they will still be alive when Armageddon starts.

Technically, this is true. And this is an example of the mysterious, mind bending dogma the GB puts out on the GT/Armageddon scenario. It isn't a contradiction so much as a parsing of words. Does it matter that any annointed might be here for the GT, but not for Armageddon? Thats rich. Big deal, it obscures the point of "Where in the hell is that found in the bible?" Please if you want, quote me a WT. This is what they teach. Again, where is this directly stated in the bible? Or is the answer to that question to JW's "Well, do you believe there is a FD Slave, because I do and I trust them..." Which of course would be a no answer.

The problem the GB is trying to deal with is the possibility of no "annointed" being on the scene due to age and illness leading to death! Who will run things if they go? They are still fleshing this out.....

• Borgia
    Borgia

Although it contradicts Rev 6:9-11:

Rev 6:9 And when He opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those having been slain for the Word of God, and for the witness which they had. Rev 6:10 And they cried with a great voice, saying, Until when, holy and true Master, do You not judge and take vengeance for our blood, from those dwelling on the earth? Rev 6:11 And there was given to each one a white robe. And it was said to them that they should rest yet a little time, until might be fulfilled also the number of their fellow-slaves and their brothers, those being about to be killed, even as they.

Cheers

Borgia

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

QUOTE: Revelation--It's Grand Climax at Hand! chap. 38 p. 277 Praise Jah for His Judgments!

17 At this point in Jehovah’s timetable, when the sealing of the 144,000 has reached completion, the angels release the four winds of the great tribulation. (Revelation 7:1-3) First, judgment is executed on harlotlike Babylon the Great. The victorious Christ next moves on quickly to Armageddon to destroy the rest of Satan’s organization on earth and, finally, to abyss Satan and his demons. (Revelation 19:11–20:3) No doubt, anointed ones who survive on earth will soon enter into their heavenly reward to join their fellow members of the bride class. Then, amid a setting of universal peace, the marriage of the Lamb can take place! --END of Quote

Wait a minute! I thought Watchtower taught the Wild Beast kills off Babylon the Great, not "the victorious Christ." Besides didn't Jesus already judge Babylon the Great in 1919?

What exactly is the difference between the Great Tribulation and Armageddon anyway?

• Jringe01
    Jringe01
    Wait a minute! I thought Watchtower taught the Wild Beast kills off Babylon the Great, not "the victorious ChristI

f I understand this correctly the 1919 stuff was just to see who was fit to "be appointed over the master's belongings" and at the end God will use the governments of the world to execute his judgement on babylon.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Okay, that may sum up 1919, but I thought Watchtower said the Wild Beast kills off Babylon the Great and then wishes it hadn't. But according to this text, Watchtower says, "First, judgment is executed on harlotlike Babylon the Great. The victorious Christ next moves on quickly to Armageddon..."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit