My Bethel Experience Part 10

by new boy 27 Replies latest jw friends

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Mini vans are great for out in the country field service. 7 people setting in a van and very few houses to knock on. As long as the air conditioner is on, it is about as good as field service gets.

New Boy, you are a cool person and a jay hawker... coincidence? I think not.

• Paisley
    Paisley

New boy I do enjoy these posts of yours very much. I am a bit surprised you were at Bethel at all...but maybe I just need to go back and reread your original post on the topic for the reasons you went there.

I'll do that!

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

new boy!!! Keep writing!! I'm behind a few chapters but I'm catching up!!!

PS I agree - you should write a book - you already have 11 chapters at least! (Wait I saw a Part 12 floating around, didn't I?)

I honestly don't know a whole lot about it but I know you can publish at lulu.com. I bought a couple of ex-JW books from that site.

Thank you!!!

And JT, thanks for your perspective and experiences as well.

• wunce_wuz
    wunce_wuz

When I was at Bethel the head of my table mentioned he had a car. One day he is walking to work and his car drives by him. And the driver is no one he recognized and that was the end of his car as his car as it disappeared into the horizon.

• new boy
    new boy

Bone yard week for Bethel.

• chickpea
    chickpea

i am loving these tales of trials in servitude, mate!..... stuff this close to the "holy of holies" reveals what a crock all of it is....

the merest scratching of the surface shows the borg is just common base metal with a cheap gold plating

• joelbear69
    joelbear69

I was in graphotype at the Farm which was the 1st stop on the tour and the first site

of real Bethelites at work for brothers and sisters from all over the world.

I worked at the last graphotyps in the room, so there was plenty of room behind me

for tours to stop. It was my favorite thing about being at Bethel. It was a blast

stopping and talking to people about what I was doing (real exciting stuff, typing

addresses), but sometimes they would be from far away places that seemed exotic

to me and to most of the tour bros. It was great. I am in probaby a 1000 slide shows

titled "Our trip to Watchtower Farms"

I had several friends who had cars so I always had transportation. Which at the farm

was definitely needed. But even if you got stuck on the weekend, wow, what a beautiful

place to be. Great place for walking around, finding a quiet spot and sleeping. I

also became quite a table tennis whiz while there.

My congregation was fantastic. Pt. Jervis New York. It was a beautiful drive there,

but long, which meant Tues and Thurs nights were late late to bed. I never drove so

I got to snooze in the back seat. Sometimes cuddled up nicely between two handsome

guys. Heaven.

There were 10 of us in our congo. But only 6 of us were young single brothers, so

we got lots of attention. One sister fell for me, but alas, I was in love with one

of the Bethelites I rode to meetings with. Which is what got me kicked out.

All those lovely strolls through the shower room on the way home from work. Well

there were actually more frustrating than anything else since while I was at Bethel

I strived to stop um er pleasuring myself.

The Bethel Bureaucracy at the Farm was insane. The rules and regulations were tiring.

If this was a taste of the new system. Yikes! I became extremely disillusioned as

the brotherhood image quickly became an image of a company trying to save money and

squeeze every penny of work out of the workers.

For several weeks, subscription counts were though and so I had to work on the plumbing

crew. Fabulous! I got to work with a broken jackhammer, breaking up concrete in an

old cow barn. It was hard work, but the crew was filled with totally hot guys. Not

to bad a trade off.

After Bethel, I pioneered for another year or so. I completed a total of 2 years of

full time service. Amazing that it was the deep studying I did to prepare for my

Bible studies that raised so many questions that I lost my faith. With no faith

I saw no need to remain celibate anymore. It took another 10 years for me to actually

make human contact, but I had a blast partying and finding myself during those 10

years from age 20 to 30.

Wow. So many memories come out of that 2 year period. I could write a book.

• jambon1
    jambon1

Great stories

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit