I'm confused about the e-jw forum

by *jeremiah* 25 Replies latest jw experiences

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

e-watchman (Robert King) is disfellowshipped.

~Sue

• Gayle
    Gayle

My favorite word in their purpose is "re-examining."

What a precious hopeful phase, a start, it's the beginning of "their" path,,it's a sincere way to seek to improve something important in their lives.

They want to find the "truth" within themselves, not "truth" blasted impatiently from others, not "truth" with cynicism or insult. No one could have talked me out of the JWs, it was a course for me from within, maybe too slow, but my course.

Hopefully most of these on "e-jw" will find the sweetness of their re-examination and will not stop.

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

Yes, Gayle, it would be nice if such re-examination led to rational thought; e-watchman doesn't seem to be the one to lead one to it, though, because of his intolerance of what he calls (fellow!)"apostates." In JW terms, he is the pot calling the kettle black . . . so bizarre.

He's simply traded one obsession for another one without really approaching rationality. In my opinion, the true journey to rational thought and out of the bondage of JWism (and out of all religion) involves a deep questioning and dismissal of all supernatural ideas, including biblical ones - something e-watchman clearly fails to do.

• Gayle
    Gayle

Hello Madame,,thx for the info on the person setting up "e-jw" forum,,I am an advocate for personal "free" thinking,,not for going to something that "re-locks" up someone's thinking ability again.

• onacruse
    onacruse

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong here, but I believe that this same fellow has posted a few times on JWD as "watchman" (http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/48240/1.ashx), and also quite extensively as You Know.

• warmthofthesun
    warmthofthesun

Robert King believes Jehovah's Witnesses are God's Chosen people but that the Watchtower Society has become an idol and that the Old Testament prophecies of denunciation on Israel now apply to the Watchtower Society. Until recently there were hundred's of users on his message board, but a lot of them started having doubts on his interpretation and many questioned whether the Watchtower Society was really ever chosen by God at all. Many questioned central teachings such as the new covenant, 144,000, the anointed, etc. After about a year or so of this going on Robert made everyone that did not believe fully in doctrines central to the Watchtower Society leave the message board. While prophetic understanding are allowed to be challenged there, he does not allow the central dogma of the Watchtower to be questioned. Most of the people that were asked to leave or left voluntarily started a new message board centered on Christianity at http://www.paradisecafediscussions.net Think I covered it all. ;)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit