I'm confused about the e-jw forum

by *jeremiah* 25 Replies latest jw experiences

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

Didn't this site (JWD) start out as a pro-JW site too? Maybe we have a budding group of apostates over there!

GGG

• needproof
    needproof

Can somebody please back up the claim that the Russell family and Skull and Bones at Yale are linked? Because at the moment the only link I can find is the surname Russell - the research at the forbidden knowledge website does not link CT Russell with the Russell of Yale.

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

Maybe the WBTS is practicing reverse psychology on its doubters and attempting to form a new branch of jws; they're (the WBTS) cutting their losses and moving on to the more radical questioners who are also conspiracy-theorists, but who can't or won't let go of Jehovahdom. It's easy to make a new cult out of radical, but disillusioned believers . . . just latch on to the conspiracy theories and suck 'em back in . . . a new old cult renews itself . . .

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

Go to e-watchman.com and you can read all about it....

Swalker

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

Yeah, I just did zzz zzzz zzzz zzzz zzzzz zzzz It's a pretty site, though, and pretty well-written - very Watchtoweresque . . . zzz zzz zzz zzzzz

• dorayakii
    dorayakii

As we can see from the first page, its our old friend e-watchman again:

In the last 20 years internal disputes and doctrinal controversies have surfaced within the Watchtower Society itself, and as a result many of Jehovah's Witnesses have been stumbled from the faith. With the advent of the Internet Jehovah's Witnesses are being increasingly exposed to numerous faith-challenging issues, often promoted by ex-Jehovah's Witnesses.

The Watchtower doctrines related to 1914 and particularly the doctrinal change published in the November 1st, 1995, issue of the Watchtower magazine, concerning the generation that would pass away before the war of Armageddon, have caused some of Jehovah's Witnesses to begin to seriously question the Watchtower's interpretations. The highly publicized scandals surrounding child abuse and the Silentlambs organization composed of sexually abused Jehovah's Witnesses, has confronted Jehovah's Witnesses with the sort of hypocrisy that we thought only existed in the churches of Christendom. Not only that, but the Watchtower's scandalous10-year affiliation with the United Nations as an NGO has also surfaced in recent years.

Ironically, the success of the Watchtower Society has been its undoing. In many respects Bethel has become an idol in the eyes of Jehovah’s Witnesses. E-watchman is a devoted Jehovah Witness dedicated to re-examining Bible prophecy with the intent of announcing Jehovah’s judgments upon the Watchtower Society and the world.

Obviously, no good dub would even mention the UN, Silentlambs or judging the WTS, its just too blasphemous.

• dorayakii
    dorayakii

On the reigister page:

Do NOT register for an account if...:

• If you disagree with our fundamental belief that Jehovah's Witnesses are God's people;

• If you dispute or intend to undermine our doctrinal understanding on the anointed, the 144,000, the heavenly and earthly hopes, the New Covenant and the Memorial [Argumentation over the doctrinal teachings of Jehovah's Witnesses will not be tolerated.];

• If you believe that this Discussion Board is apostate.

Again the typical Wathtower policy of ZERO-TOLERANCE for other rational beliefs and opinions.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

I just finished browsing that site and sounds to me like a bunch of confused people, who know the witnoids are full of it, yet they are trying to convince themselves otherwise.

• onacruse
    onacruse

GGG:

Didn't this site (JWD) start out as a pro-JW site too? Maybe we have a budding group of apostates over there!

Yes, it did. I wasn't around then, but Simon has posted about it--he had doubts, but was still "a JW" when he started JWD.

Heck, I too was "a JW" when I started posting here, even though I was df'd. I strongly suspect that there are two inevitabilities of a good discussion board: You'll either think about and learn from the posts that others make, and you'll change your own perspectives accordingly...or you'll "run for cover" to hide in the comfort blanket of your own self-delusion.

• *jeremiah*
    *jeremiah*

So e-watchman is a dedicated JW who is announcing Jehovah's judgements upon the WTS?! That is so weird. I wonder if he still goes to meetings. Its sounds like he finds the WTS somewhat detestable in Jah's eyes. So if he is attending meetings and FS, then how can he live with himself knowing he is in a semi-false(if that's what he believes) organization? It also sounds like he doesn't really believe in the 1914 doctrine,...but if a JW doesn't have that then what do they have left? I wonder what he says to the congregation during his talks? Could this be CT Russell resurrected?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit