Door Sign keeps JW's away

by Wordly Andre 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

My door sign actually keeps JW’s away!! This past weekend while doing some house work I looked out of my front window because I saw shadows, I walked to the kitchen and looked out my side window, only to see two young brothers walking away. One was about 19 and the other looked to be 14, I kind of wish they had actually knocked, I’m always prepared for them. Anyway my sign is one you can get at almost any catholic church that says “This is a Catholic home, no other religions or literature needed”. And my sign has a picture of Saint Francis and a prayer on the bottom. I was really surprised that they actually read the sign and didn’t leave me a copy of the latest awake or watchterror, or even just knocked on my door to encourage me to read my bible.

by the way sorry I've not posted here in a while been really busy.

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

Heck....they were probably THRILLED to not have to knock!!

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Maybe they just didn't feel like arguing theology with you Andre, so gave you a miss this time.

My boyfriend put a notice in our front window (we live in a block of flats) that reads:

Religious groups welcome WITH THE EXCEPTION OF jehovah's witnesses
    If you are a jw, do not ring our bell

They don't call here anyway as we are both da'd, but the sign is there to remind them that they are not welcome

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

My boyfriend put a notice in our front window (we live in a block of flats) that reads:

Religious groups welcome WITH THE EXCEPTION OF jehovah's witnesses
    If you are a jw, do not ring our bell

They don't call here anyway as we are both da'd, but the sign is there to remind them that they are not welcome

So you let those Mormon boys come calling but not the "comely feet" of those publishing eternal salvation to you?

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow
    So you let those Mormon boys come calling but not the "comely feet" of those publishing eternal salvation to you?

Well, the Mormons aren't a particularly large group around here, I have never seen any on our street. I have been told by neighbours that people from the local Pentecostal church call sometimes, but I haven't seen any of them either. Other religious groups are allowed to ring our bell, but that doesn't mean we will open the security door and let them in the building.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    Well, the Mormons aren't a particularly large group around here, I have never seen any on our street. I have been told by neighbours that people from the local Pentecostal church call sometimes, but I haven't seen any of them either. Other religious groups are allowed to ring our bell, but that doesn't mean we will open the security door and let them in the building.

Well, that's weird. Only dubs and Mormons come to bug folks around here. I guess across the pond, the Pentecostals get off their asses and go out fishing for men.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

SirNose,

The Pentecostal church around the corner from us, about 5 minutes walk away, is apparently very well attended and active in the ministry locally. I have never been there, and have no intention of going, so I don't know how true that is. Neither of us have ever been in when they have called, but some of our neighbours have seen them on our street, and even in our block. They call on weekdays, apparently, when we are both at work.

• 4JWY
    4JWY

Ours reads:

Solicitors:

I do not ring your doorbell and impose my product or faith on you. Please show me the same courtesy.

Thank you.

(It is the only one that has stopped them short of ringing. The No Trespassing one with an artistic graphic of a video camera staring at them did not work.)

• roflcopter
    roflcopter

I think that this by far is the best door sign ever... if i remember correctly though the courts made her take it down cuz the JW's complained... lame...

Second favorite is this one HAHAHA

• Sasha
    Sasha

When I was active with the JW...an old friend sent me that one with the testicles handing on the door knocker. I was so offended, that I told her I would never talk to her again. That was 4 years ago. Now, I kinda regret it. I don't like things like that anyway, but I was offended for my faith. Yeah, come to think of it, lost a lot of friends while I was active...

I just have a little "do Not Distrub" sign I hang on my door all day anyway.. I have M.S. and never feel well, anyway.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit