New Light at DC?

by zack 36 Replies latest jw friends

• sspo
    sspo
    PS: My congo lost another elder this week. Went totally OUTTA THE BORG!

Very good news

• Gregor
    Gregor

I have to say I am surprised at the number of posts here that are taking all this "new light" seriously enough to actually parse the verbiage ("nethinim"-"genuine annointed"-"chieftain class"... for crying out loud!) and do an in-depth analysis of the subject.

My dear departed uncle Ed was in the carnival business for about 20 years running various kinds of sucker games on the midway. He would say, referring to the gullible hicks, "It's their money and our game". Seems to me a lot of people have got caught up in the WTS "game" with their intellectual "money". I had enough of their bullshit to last me the rest of my life, I'll be damned if I'm going to jump back into it on any level. As I have said before, sometimes these discussions sound like UFO cultists having deeply researched differences over whether the Mothership rotates clockwise or counterclockwise.

(As always, "Not that there's anything wrong with that".)

• zack
    zack

Logic and truth are no object when it comes to JW doctrine. If they (the power players) want something a certain way, they'll

get it. And their attitude, although framed with language that will appeal to a believer's faith in God and trust in His servants, will

be: WE ARE APPOINTED BY GOD AND YOU WILL OBEY US OR DIE. It has been that way with them for over a century, why

would they need reason now?

• greendawn
    greendawn

The JW mythology is becoming ever more elaborate and blatant. They imagine that they will rule this world with Christ but no chance. He has the genuine saints to rule with Him over mankind and doesn't need impostors by His side.

• onacruse
    onacruse

MC: One answer to your question:

*** w92 4/15 p. 17 Jehovah’s Provision, the "Given Ones" ***

In ancient times, priests and Levites continued to serve among the Jews. (John 1:19) Today, however, the remnant of spiritual Israel on earth must go on decreasing. (Contrast John 3:30.) Finally, after the demise of Babylon the Great, all 144,000 ‘sealed ones’ will be in heaven for the marriage of the Lamb. (Revelation 7:1-3; 19:1-8) But now the other sheep must go on increasing. The fact that some of them, comparable to the Nethinim and the sons of the servants of Solomon, are now being assigned weighty responsibilities under the oversight of the anointed remnant does not cause them to be presumptuous or feel self-important. (Romans 12:3) This gives us confidence that as God’s people "come out of the great tribulation," there will be experienced men—"princes"—prepared to take the lead among the other sheep.—Revelation 7:14; Isaiah 32:1; compare Acts 6:2-7.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    It would discredit anyone new who partakes of the emblems, since no replacements will be needed any longer.

100% denial as the emblems are passed through the congregations...

Don't cha just know that'll swell Jesus' heart with joy as He observes the event.

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

WT: "A key to understanding the vision is this: Jehovah’s great spiritual temple represents his arrangement for pure worship."

Notice how they try to put an organisational (arrangement) spin on it.

Ephesians 2: 19-22 says explicitly what the 'spiritual temple' is. It is all spirit-begotten Christians - nothing more, nothing less. It's individuals, not any 'arrangement'.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit