New Light at DC?

by zack 36 Replies latest jw friends

• zack
    zack

The GB will announce in a series of talks in two symsposiums that:

All anointed will die and depart the earthly scene before Armageddon.

The resurrected anointed will aid Christ in directing all his belongings from heaven.

Christ said "I will be with you until the conclusion of the systems of things" and he has done so invisibly; and shortly

shall come the time for his co-rulers to be gathered to him to rule (just as Christ has) invisibly. Thus, no more anointed

on Earth. The "Chieftain" class of the Book of Ezequiel will take the reins (faithful "other sheep" members which now run the corporations) and will continue to lead

the work on the Earth while we await Armageddon which must be imminent because almost all annointed are gone or soon will be.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This would solve their problem of not having "anointed" company men to appoint to the GB. It would discredit anyone new who

partakes of the emblems, since no replacements will be needed any longer.

It will perpetuate the leadership of the religion into the future.

I have read and heard snippets of this as speculation and gossip. SOme of this from the board some of it

from the inside. How much of it is true? I think it is entirely possible. They have to do SOMETHING.

Zack------

PS: My congo lost another elder this week. Went totally OUTTA THE BORG!

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

they're just buying time, which they don't need to do as an extra 235 partook last year.

• zack
    zack

Truth seeker: the new partakers aren't recognized by the GB as "genuine" Only ones in the inner circle are

"geniune" anointed. The rest are "professed" anointed. (Said with disdain)

• Rooster
    Rooster

Opps..

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

PS: My congo lost another elder this week. Went totally OUTTA THE BORG!

Congrats!

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

That's true, but they're still counted. Until that number reaches 0, nothing will happen.

• blondie
    blondie

Actually chieftain concept taking over after the GB leave was discussed in a 1999 WT study article based on a talk at the DC in 1998

*** w99 2/1 p. 19 Our Treasure in Earthen Vessels ***

As the number of the spirit-anointed remnant on earth has decreased, mature brothers of the great crowd have been given spiritual oversight of almost all the congregations worldwide. And as the last aged anointed Witnesses finish their earthly course, princely sa·rim´ of the other sheep will have been well trained to carry out administrative duties as the chieftain class on earth.—Ezekiel 44:3; Isaiah 32:1.

*** w99 1/15 p. 9 Determined to Follow God’s Way of Life ***

This was the theme of the convention’s third day. (Isaiah 30:21) The program began with an exciting symposium of three talks, focusing on Ezekiel’s temple vision. This vision has great meaning for God’s people today, since it relates to pure worship in our time. A key to understanding the vision is this: Jehovah’s great spiritual temple represents his arrangement for pure worship. As the features of the vision were discussed, listeners pondered their activity in support of the work done by loving overseers of the anointed remnant and by the prospective members of the chieftain class.

*** w99 3/1 p. 17 "The Temple" and "the Chieftain" Today ***

Now an intriguing question arises. Whom, then, does the chieftain represent? Since he is spoken of both as an individual and as a group, we may assume that he represents a class of men. (Ezekiel 44:3; 45:8, 9) But who? Surely not the anointed. In the vision, he works closely with the priesthood, but he is not one of them. Unlike the priestly class, he is given an inheritance in the land and thus has a future here on earth, not in heaven. (Ezekiel 48:21) Further, Ezekiel 46:10 says: "As regards the chieftain in their midst, when they [the nonpriestly tribes] come in [to the temple’s outer courtyard], he should come in; and when they go out, he should go out." He does not enter the inner courtyard but worships in the outer courtyard, entering and exiting the temple with the people. These factors decidedly place the chieftain among the great crowd of the other sheep.

Clearly, the chieftain was to submit to the spiritual services and leadership of the priests. It is fitting, then, that in modern times the anointed have taken the lead in pure worship. For example, the members of the Governing Body of Jehovah’s Witnesses have been chosen from among them. Such faithful anointed elders have been training the developing chieftain class for decades, preparing prospective members of this class for the day when they will be delegated their full measure of authority in God’s new world to come.

In Bible times some chieftains had much authority, others less. Today, elders of the great crowd have widely varying responsibilities. Some serve in one congregation; others serve many congregations as traveling overseers; others serve whole countries as Branch Committee members; others directly assist various committees of the Governing Body. In the new world, Jesus will appoint "princes in all the earth" to take the lead among Jehovah’s worshipers on earth. (Psalm 45:16) No doubt he will select many of these from among the faithful elders of today. Because these men are proving themselves now, he will choose to entrust many with even greater privileges in the future when he reveals the role of the chieftain class in the new world.

*** w99 3/1 pp. 22-23 Jehovah’s Blessing on Our "Land" ***

Also at that time, the apportioning of the land in Ezekiel’s vision will find its final fulfillment. Ezekiel saw the land properly allotted; likewise, each faithful Christian can be sure that he will have a place, an inheritance, in Paradise. Likely, the desire to have one’s own house to live in and care for will be fulfilled in an orderly way. (Isaiah 65:21; 1 Corinthians 14:33) The city that Ezekiel saw fittingly pictures the administrative arrangement that Jehovah purposes for the new earth. The anointed priestly class will no longer be physically present among mankind. The vision suggests as much by portraying the city in "profane" land at some distance from the temple. (Ezekiel 48:15) While the 144,000 rule with Christ in heaven, the King is not without representatives on earth. His human subjects will benefit greatly from the loving guidance and direction of the chieftain class. However, the real seat of government will be, not on earth, but in heaven. Everyone on earth, including the chieftain class, will be in subjection to the Messianic Kingdom.—Daniel 2:44; 7:14, 18, 22.

• zack
    zack

Blondie:

I recall that whole set of articles which preceded the divisions of labor into the different corporations and the GB being excised from sitting

on any of them. IMO, and I beleived so at the time, it was a set up for a future "adjustment" when only "other" sheep

would be left in charge. It was also a more scripturally defensible explanation for the "other" sheep in leadership positions

than the non-sensical, poorly researched "nethinim'' idea.

Anyway, I think the dubs are in for a change this summer. Just my thoughts.

• blondie
    blondie

*** w00 1/15 p. 13 "Keep on the Watch" ***

Sixth,

the number of genuine anointed disciples of Christ is dwindling, though some will evidently still be on earth when the great tribulation begins. Most of the remnant are quite elderly, and over the years the number of those who are truly anointed has been getting smaller. Yet, referring to the great tribulation, Jesus stated: "Unless those days were cut short, no flesh would be saved; but on account of the chosen ones those days will be cut short." (Matthew 24:21, 22) Evidently, then, some of Christ’s "chosen ones" will still be on earth when the great tribulation begins.
  • Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Zack,

I wouldn't be suprised for them to make such statements! My very active Grandmother told me when the Circuit Overseer was recently at her home that " after Armegedon we will probably look around and see alot of people there we thought wouldn't make it and see alot of those we thought were going to heaven." She said he emphasised alot! I told her, "Yeah Grandma, that number (those that partake each year) just doesn't seem to be going down at all does it??" She laughed and said, "No it doesn't".

They have a huge problem on their hands if they don't do something soon! The rank and file are taking note of the number of partakers staying the same year after year. I think it will be a damage control of sorts for the COs in each congregation to start spreading that there are alot of those partaking that shouldn't be. And to make such statements as the one stated above had said.

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit