Yeah, so I go to the meeting the other day

by JamieL 13 Replies latest jw friends

• JamieL
    JamieL

So I live in Indiana, and we got a lot of snow the other day. So I come home from work and it is really pretty bad out, but I've lived in Indiana a long time and I've driven in snow and it's not hard you just need to be careful.

So I go to the meeting (yeah I'm DFd I told all you guys this). I get to the parking lot and it's all cleared off. Yeah, and no one is there. Nice. Real nice, the elders there have my number and could have easily informed me of this. It's really funny that the whole lot was cleared but that wasn't enough to make the meeting happen??

It's been pretty trying, considering I'm steadily there week in and out, one thing I noticed is I don't know who half the congo is because they never show up. When they do I go in my mind "who is that" and then I see them again a few weeks later. Yeah, I'm pretty convinced that most who are still JWs don't really care or believe in what they are doing and are just hiding out because they are afraid of living in the real world.

And a lot of people ask me why I still go. Because, I do take my worship of Jehovah seriously, not that I agree with everything, as a victim of child abuse I would definitely not agree with a lot of things. But I know when I don't go I don't read my Bible, I don't pray, and I don't participate in my own spirituality, but if I do I at least take in the scriptures, and I've gotten good at blocking nonsense out so it's actually pretty easy.

Still, it's testing when you know you care more than the people there do but yet you're the one treated like you aren't, like you just are not. I just can't stand that stuff, I grew up around a lot of kids who didn't care for anything but themselves, would hide out as a JW and act like they were the ultimate moral compass. You know, people who have to say "I'm a good person" to convince themselves that somehow it's real, it's true.

I have weird thoughts while I sit there at the meeting. Like "what if I just started talking to someone, what would happen" or "maybe I should raise my hand just to stir something up" or "maybe I should just walk up to one of these punk kids and tell them to get real and be who they really are" or "I should walk up to the elder who runs our bookstudy who sits on the stage in the dead center in a soft sofa chair like it's some kind of throan and makes everyone else sit below him, and just tell him he is a real piece of garbage"

Sigh...............

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

Jamie:

I commend your faith. I too have in my life been wondering where is everyone else both literally and figuratively. As an abuse survivor I strongly suggest that your answers lay not at the doorsteps of the Kingdom Hall but at the hands of a qualified therapist. The Kingdom Hall will continue the abuse. Therapy can help you move forward.

Loving Jehovah and worshipping him is not equal to attending a physical building or living up to other human being's rules.

{{{{{Jamie}}}}}} I wish you well and success in your journey

Uzzah

• Warlock
    Warlock

Jamie,

What you say is so true.

Your last paragraph was funny, though.

If you were in my congregation, I would be your friend. You are a good guy.

Warlock

• 4JWY
    4JWY
    "maybe I should just walk up to one of these punk kids and tell them to get real and be who they really are"

Jamie,

I think you should make this your mission and be sure to live by your own words too.

Don't waste any more time - I was raised in the box and wasted 42 years of my life in there, until finally listening to my own teenage son who was attempting to be real.

Life is a joy, the present is a gift - live it.

4JWY

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

JamieL,

First off, welcome. We haven't conversed before and, thank you for your post. I haven't read any of your previous posts so I am unaware of your history with the JW's.

You mention that you are d/f'd, still attending meetings. And, that you experienced child abuse.

Can I ask, what is the reason for your attending (I'm assuming it's for reinstatement) and was the child abuse within the congregation?

steve

PS, A little background of me, I'm a 3rd generation JW who I suffered child abuse within the congregation.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Yeah I lasted three months and gave up, it was too horrid and pointless. My comment is that since then my spirituality has improved unquantifiably.

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral
    most who are still JWs ... are just hiding out because they are afraid of living in the real world.

Spot on, Jamie. That was precisely why I joined, thirty years ago. Been out for 11 years now.

gently feral

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

I remember being 25 and df'd. Going to every meeting...bringing two young children. Sitting there in a crowd of people and feeling more alone than I had ever felt in my life.

Being ignored, my children being ignored.

F*ck That.

lisa

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

HI Jamie (welcome to the board)

At the risk of sounding judgemental WHY is it that you continue to attend these meetings, and why do you still want to be in this cult?

I hope no offense is taken, I just have a hard time understanding how anyone can still want to be associated with this cult after reading some most of the threads.

exnjjw

• pobthespazz
    pobthespazz

and they call themselves gods people ? they should be ashamed of themselves , more like Satans disciples , why bother with these pond life? Jamie , forget Jahoobah , he dont give a s--t about you my friend..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit