What symbol or 'icon' would you choose to represent non-believers?

by nicolaou 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Christians have the Cross, Muslims the Star & Crescent, Jews the Star of David. So what sign do you think might best represent atheists and non-believers? I think I've made my own opinion quite clear for a while.

INFINITY: When you aren't bound by superstition, when reality is not held captive by dogma the possibilites are literally infinite!

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I'm an atheist nowadays, but I haven't really thought of using an icon to signify the fact. I think your choice is quite apt Nic.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog
    Richard Dawkins in March, 2005.

He's being worshipped more and more!

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

This was the first thing that came to my mind. Perhaps I should get it tattooed:

alt

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Once again DD you completely miss the point!

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Oh yeah, here's the JW version:

alt

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Nos', I don't get it. Must be a cultural thing but those images mean nothing to me. Care to explain?

• AlmostAtheist
  • Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Ugly Kid Joe is a band that originated in the 90s. Those are both covers for the same album - the first one is the original cover, the second is the censored version. Notice in the first one: the middle finger and the skin magazine, and of course the US flag.

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore

Personaly I think the idea of atheists having a symbol is similar to people who do not consider themselves trekkies having a symbol stating that fact...

But then again, not believing in a god is a pretty big thing. So while I like the infinity idea, I think something like the invisible pink unicorn would be good. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invisible_pink_unicorn

'Hanks Ass' probably wouldn't be a good idea I guess. (Look up 'kissing hanks ass' if you don't know what I meen.)

It's hard to think of anything since as atheists we don't have an underlying belief system.

Yeah, it would have to be pretty generic like the infinity symbol. Or a human brain.

LtCmd.Lore

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit