"GET THE WBTS OUT OF THE UN" Pickets

by MadApostate 27 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Buon giorno Freddy,

'Oh, Tabby Hall thy wanderer through the woods, how often has my spirit turned to thee....'

There you go chum, I do not even oppose you, let alone God.

HS

• rem
    rem

I have to say that this is one thing that really annoys me with this board. Too many people FEED THE TROLLS. A perfectly good topic gets derailed as everyone decides to jump on the bandwagon and give the troll the attention he wants.

I would be pissed if this was a thread that I started and it just went to hell because of a troll.

rem

"Most people would rather die than think; in fact, they do so."
    ..........Bertrand Russell

• JBean
    JBean

Sorry...ummm... back to the original thread: About the picketing... I remember "those people" : ) outside of major conventions when I was a kid. Haven't seen them for YEARS now...it would definitely be a hoot to see something like this happen now. I would be very interested in seeing folks' reactions.

• Ranchette
    Ranchette

Rem,
    I'm pissed that you expect us to behave the way you want us to then have nothing relevent to add to this thread yourself!

Now back to the subject,
    I think this picketing idea is very interesting and would love to participate and hear experiences of anyone who has an opportunity to do this.
    Ranchette

• tdogg
    tdogg

I doubt the effectiveness of picketing. You would only be seen as fanatical, Satan inspired persecuters intent on spreading lies to the people of God. There may be a possibility however of raising a question in the minds of some who are new to the faith and not quite indoctrinated beyond reason. This could go either way though because when the new person would ask his teacher it would give them an opportunity to provide the JW answer as well as a demonstration of how Satan's forces are prevelent and active, even right outside the convention.

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Jbean,

Fred's not a Dub; he's actually anti, and uses this persona and posting style to so anger people against the WBTS that they vow to continue the fight until even the last "Fred Hall" has left the Org.

He also posts between 3:00pm and 5:00pm board time; if you don't want a post cheapened by "Fred's" idiotic "pro-Tower" one liners, wait until about 5:00 - 6:00m boardtime.

• MadApostate
    MadApostate

TDogg:

It has not been that many years that I observed picketers at both a DC and a CA. The question is whether the people who do such regularly are regulars here?

I think such would be EXTREMELY effective. The seasoned R&F have it ingrained in them that the UN is an EVIL ORGANIZATION. Thay also know that former JWs are familiar with such.

SO, if the R&F all the sudden sees slogans which run counter to "JW common sense", they couldn't help but be curious why "apostates would be so stupid".

Actually, the seeming "stupidity" of such slogans might even make the JWs drop their guard and start openingly discussing how "stupid" apostates are.

Imagine if one of the speakers then comments how stupid it is for apostates to be accusing the WTS of being connected to the UN. Then, weeks/months from now, when the WTS is forced to publicly acknowledge such to the R&F, the earlier denials will be recalled, and Apostates may start to look "smarter" to the R&F.

• tdogg
    tdogg

You may be correct. But after having read the responses on this site from some JW's already, you can see what their mind set is. Most will take the postiion that the society is not "really in the UN" and that they are just registered in it.
    In my JW days I would have looked dubiously upon any pickiting. And I know that some will question, but the effectivness will be determined by who they turn to for answers. I am intersted to see the WTBS spin on this though I know it will be convincing for most of the R and F. You know that when they admit the Un thing there will be a convincing reason that they did it and will probably be set up very well with forthcoming articles. Hey they got out of the 1975 thing right?

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

I believe it was 1982 or 1983 I hired a small banner plane to fly over Dodger Stadium with a message about the "1980 Bethel Shakeup" and 310-546-2937 which had a message for them. As it turned out, two families called me and said it got them out, but one family took about seven years! LOL How many others got out just from that alone who knows? Now you won't be able to get any planes over stadiums anymore, but similar things might be helpful. :-))
    Randy Watters
    http://www.exjws.net
    Pioneers tell their stories!

• Makena1
    Makena1

Randy wrote: I believe it was 1982 or 1983 I hired a small banner plane to fly over Dodger Stadium with a message about the "1980 Bethel Shakeup" and 310-546-2937 which had a message for them. As it turned out, two families called me and said it got them out, but one family took about seven years! LOL How many others got out just from that alone who knows? Now you won't be able to get any planes over stadiums anymore, but similar things might be helpful. :-))

That was you??? I remember that very well, but ignored the message for almost 20 more years. My opinion on those that showed up boycotting - most of them seemed to be cracked pots, especially the ones with the bullhorns, (one fella even played an accordion). The message, "If you go inside (the auditorium) - remember do not have any independent thoughts" never clicked with me, because I have always had an independent streak, even as an elder. I pretty much read, watched and listened to whatever I wanted, and did not buy into all the Kow-towing (sp?) that went on when DO's and CO's visited.

NOW, it all makes a lot more sense, the mind control, coverups, new light etc. So many wasted years, but can't complain about the end results -TRUE FREEDOM.

Thanks and best wishes to all!
    Makena

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit