WTBTS money making for who?

by awol 29 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• awol
    awol

There is a lot of talk on here about the wtbts a money making organisation.

Maybe, but who is this money going to?

Like a friend "in the truth" lol said, It's all put back into the work. And who would want to be a missionary, they don't get any money out of the society etc etc.

SO who reap the rewards here then? Who takes all the money and has a good life on the profits then?

• needproof
    needproof

Two words: Money and power

In Ray Franz Crises book, he explains how the Governing Body live like Kings. They never have to pay for anything. They get treated like Kings wherever they go. Ray even shows a picture of his lavish room at Bethel. And who could forget how Rutherford lived during the great depression?

• mia_b
    mia_b

Do CO's and DO's get paid for what they do? I bet the GB draw a salary of somesort? Good Question - will look again when someone with more knowledge than an expublisher female who never questioned anything!

• needproof
    needproof

I remember an elder once telling me that the congregation helps out elders and their families if they were in financial worry. Maybe that was just our congregation, but when I think back, how the hell could certain elders do a few hours cleaning every week but still stay comfortable financially?

• awol
    awol

It makes me really sad.

Whilst growing up, we were led to believe that the society and congregations needed voluntary contributions. When we took money from the placements we were told they just about cover the printing costs.

We didn't have a hall of our own, so we rented a village hall. We were given a special talk to try to raise money ANY WAY WE COULD to have our quick build (which NEVER TO THIS DAY has happened and where the money we all raised ended up is beyond me).

So, we all rummaged though our jewellery, house, attics, cellars, sold EVERYTHING that we couldn't take with us through ARMAGEDDON. Which included my nan's personal belongings and her furniture my mum inherited. Not that we had a lot from her and certainly we lived hand to mouth in those days (well still do!). My mum sold EVERYTHING and we are talking about a family with NOTHING. Oh the elders wives still draped jewels around their necks, ears and wrists .... went abroad, had lovely clothes etc! When the CO and his wife visited I often thought "How come she can have jewels and nice things when we are asked to sell ours? I thought we couldn't take them with us". It was always like this. We were NEVER to have or expect nice things, cos the congre-bloody-ation needed it!!!!! BALLS.

Now this is 30 odd years ago give or take...... my mum still struggles and my nans personal things are all gone! F..k them! I never understood this!

• Ancientofdays
    Ancientofdays

The Lawyers !!

• awol
    awol

Are the lawyers JW's? well that don't make sense.

Looks like it is so the top rankers can live the life. Take holidays, have nice cars and not have a care in the world.

You say this to a JW such as my friend (and me a while back), and they will tell you they get a very small allowance.... saying who would want to not have their own home to live in and go from others house to house to help out the congregations?

I used to look at the CO's at pretty much looked after imo when I was little. I used to think how nice it would be to be pampered all the time and not have to do cleaning and pay bills.... but people used to say what a hard life it was for them.

NO JW would EVER believe that they are being taken for a ride and that is for sure! they would need black and white proof to show where the real money is going.

It's hard to take in.

• needproof
    needproof

Even with black and white proof, some birds are meant to be caged, whilst others are not.

• blondie
    blondie

Officially all the people at Bethel, including the GB, get a monthly allowance, room and board.

But simony abounds in that the rank and file give money to the GB, other Bethelites, COs and DOs (somehow pioneers aren't as lucky). They give them cars, clothing, trips, etc. I don't know how they get around the IRS, but I think it is under the table.

The monies otherwise that are donated are very carefully monitored within accounting. The WT organization existence and continued existence is more important that any one GB member or Bethelite. If it was found out that a Bethelite or GB was being paid more than the others....people would not be happy, and news travels in Bethel.

My experience is that things are so tightly monitored, that if any individuals were taking it for personal use........The days of Rutherford are gone.

After almost 50 years associated with the WTS and many family members and "friends" in a position to know, I don't think there are any Bethelites becoming millionaires at the WTS trough. Using their contacts in the JW business world, yes, but that is another thing.

Blondie

• awol
    awol

Yes, I used to hear about the CO, PO etc being given a "well deserved" holiday in so and so elder/brothers villa in Spain! lol! I was like "oh, we could do with a holiday, my poor mum and dad have 6 jobs and 5 kids and we don't get a holiday". Anyway, apart from giving the pioneers a meal or two, they are not as worthy, obviously, as the higher ranking. Tho they could blag A LOT out of you!!

So, as for the money.....? there is talk of wtbts being loaded but you don't see top bethalite or GB driving a top of the range merc to his amazing mansion is what I mean!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit