Elder quits meetings

by buffalosrfree 45 Replies latest jw friends

• mouthy
    mouthy

Who hijacked the thread>>>>>>Mouthy!!! Guilty as charged...But please sir I only said what I thought is that not allowed now???.

• needproof
    needproof

By all means post what you think, I have nothing against that, I was referring to HappyDad since he said that the 'non believers' hijacked this thread. Whats the point of a discussion forum if everybody conformed to just one view?

• mouthy
    mouthy

Whats the point of a discussion forum if everybody conformed to just one view? EXACTLY

• IsaacJS2
    IsaacJS2

Mystla

As long as the secular VS religious war doesn't catch the whole forum blazing, it's fine. But some on both sides can see the mere presence of the other as an affront and slip in little insults here and there when they can. Sadly, there are assumptions out there about atheists that we really don't need to hear, and a few have already been made in this thread. (Not that I've never met an atheist who wasn't just as bad toward believers) I haven't responded to all of them and I'm not really planning to.

I'm new, and didn't want to see the forum wasted by that sorta attitude. Usually, someone soon declares war after that and it all goes up in flames. I prefer to have a multitude of viewpoints here--in a war, one side usually loses, and then they leave. Even if my side wins, that could get boring. There are plenty of atheist forums already on the web.

BTW, did you know that there are movies planned for the first 6 Covenant novels? A Third Chronicles of Thomas Covenant has already begun. I have book 1. Donaldson is writing 3 more, making it a massive quadrilogy. Don't know how they'll turn Covenant into an acceptable on screen personality unless they change it pretty badly though. We'll see.

IsaacJ

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

Wow - I love the Thomas Covenant books!

• jgnat
    jgnat

I don't know of you guys reacted as I did to this thread, but I thought it as civilized a discussion as CAN happen between a believer and an athiest. Though you respectfully disagree with each other's point of view, no blood has been shed.

This is one of the things I love about this board. We tackle some of the most virulent topics known to man. Carry on.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit