What nicknames were you given when you were a J/W by schoolmates/workmates?

by pobthespazz 34 Replies latest jw experiences

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

mouthy said:

"the pity of the JW !!! It is usually people who REALLY DO want to serve GOD!! But when they find out it was an IDEA! they were serving - they lose faith in a REAL CREATOR..."

Part of the JW 'reasoning' for stifling its members' educational pursuits is that many educated people do come to question god (and more especially, they question religion and most specifically - cult religion like the jw's) - regardless of whether they belonged to a cult or not. Also, education does indeed facilitate the questioning and it facilitates REAL reasoning - something JWs thwart - and a number of reasonable, educated people do come to "lose faith in a "real creator" for many intelligent (as well as emotional) reasons. I'd love to discuss that in another post and not hi-jack this one, though.)

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I was called a "Jo-ho"

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

I was just called 'Midwich Cuckoo' - but then I guess if one has yellow eyes it sort of takes priority over being a dub, lol.

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

Question from Retarded-RedNose:

What's a Midwich Cuckoo?

• found-my-way
    found-my-way
    I was called a "Jo-ho"

LOL, good one. gotta love oxymorons

I was called ''johobah'', ''jehova'', ''jehovah lover'' but the most common nickname i had was ''shorty''.

• pratt1
    pratt1

Bible Boy.

Instead of saying " Is he a witness?" my Dad would say"Is he in the Witness Unprotection Program?"

It used to drive my Mom crazy.

• Threestars
    Threestars

"Junkajehovah" In retrospect--that name has quite a lot of nice alliteration.

The main way my classmates liked to torment me though was by asking me what presents I had gotten for Christmas and what I was going to be for Halloween.

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

Barijuana, Kind of give you an idea of what I was into at least 5 times a day.

abr

• new boy
    new boy

At Bethel most people were called by there last names only.

So I was called "CASS"...............some called me "MaMa Cass"

• Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate

My last name was Rutherford so they called me rubberfoot

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit