I walked out on the elders..

by sibboleth 27 Replies latest jw friends

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

good for you dad, and the heck with them.

• xjwms
    xjwms

Sounds like you are doing fine.

I remember telling two elders to get the hell out of my house, and stood on the curb with my arms folded until they drove away.

I kept repeating, .. "it will be a long time before you see me at the hall regular.!

Now as it turns out, ... they will never see me regular again.!

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Thanks for sharing these experiences. This one is great, and so true to form. Far too many elders are more than willing to step way beyond any decent personal boundary as they pry into the publisher's lives. How I respected the occasional elder who, when situations like this were brought up, would refuse to get involved in decisions about whether to counsel parents for letting their kids be in plays, play sports, etc.

Also, I didn't mean to sound like I was coming down on you in your other post about Bro. Superfine (I think), having abused his daughter, and nothing being done about it. As a young elder, I would likely have done just what you did.

I think all of us former elders have a lot of regrets about the way we handled certain things. I sure do.

Thanks again.

S4

• xjwms
    xjwms

S4

I appreciate seeing your comment.

thank you

• lawrence
    lawrence

Thanks for sharing! Phew!

• uninformed
    uninformed

What breaks my heart is that I didn't do the same thing.

I let my kids waste 20 more years in it before I got any sense.

Good job.

Brant

• juni
    juni

Virgochik said:

I was raised in the Great Lakes area, and we were always told things were "loose" (liberal) in California. Dad used to shake his head, saying you couldn't hardly tell those brothers in California were even Witnesses, they got away with so much.

I can attest to that also Shib. Exactly what we were told. I'm in Wisconsin.

And good for you stepping up to the plate for your family. I wish I would have listened to my mother in law who was visiting us in 1970. When she found out we came back from the KH one Sunday, she said, "Don't tell me you are associating with those Jehovah's Witnesses!!!!!!" She left the next day.

I wish I could go back in time.

Juni

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

hey! good for you sib! those retards needed that.

they are princes for crying out loud!

OMG, i remember crap like that. or was it "cheiftans"?

anyways, good job. (edit- i see this is all way past tense now)

tetra

• freedomloverr
    freedomloverr

amazing story Sib.

thanks for sharing. it must have felt amazing to walk out on those two idiots!

how did your wife and kids handle you wanting to leave the org? did they all just follow you out?

I'm so happy that your kids have adjusted so well. we left a year and a half ago and it's been kind of hard on our kids. (loss of family and friends) I worry about that sometimes even though they have made some great new friends.

hope to read more of your posts in the future....

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Wow talk about straining the gnat. Good for you for standing up to them. The next they would have asked is waht was your shild wearing as if that has anythign to do with. Sometimes I could just scream.

Now Sirnose what part of SoCal are you from?

San Diego. Now, the Liberal Dub condition doesn't always apply, especially if you go to congregations where the members come from Old Money, or are made up of mainly retired people, like one I was in for half my life. But more often than not, you can get away with enough as long as you have good connections, or you are just in a congregation where everyone is more or less on the same economic footing. Case in point, I went to an anniversary party for my friend's aunt and uncle. They are members of a generally wealthier congregation. People were talking about their Land Rovers, BMWs, and Mercedes like it was nothing at all. You know, I remember our family taking the visiting speaker and his wife out to dinner. They were talking about how they get by on just one car between the two of them, and how many sacrifices they make for Da Troof. When we parted ways, we felt bad for having four cars in the family. But it's real easy to get over it: just go to a wealthier congregation, and you can always find someone who's got more coin than you!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit