My Music is Up Again

by Farkel 31 Replies latest jw friends

• liquidsky
    liquidsky

Thank you Farkel!

I was hoping I'd get to hear more of your music. I also play the Piano, although I'm not as gifted as you. =)

• toreador
    toreador

I downloaded about 8 of them. I have to admit I am not much for classical music but I am sure it is the most hard to play. Can you play some good ol county music and put one up there to download?

Tor

• Farkel
    Farkel

: Can you play some good ol county music and put one up there to download?

I would rather join the jihadest movement and blow myself up!

Sorry. C&W music is just not in my universe. The same three chords and the whining in those songs just doesn't cut it when compared to Mozart or Beethoven. Let alone the simple fact that most of those singers cannot even speak or sing in decent English.

Call me an elitist, call me a snob, call me a boor and a boob. Hell, just call me for dinner! I'll play the music for a Ho-Down! Chopin wrote some pretty good Ho-Down music, you know!

Farkel

• restrangled
    restrangled

Farkel,

Wonderful work with your fingers, but I was a bit disapointed with Liebestraum....Too mechanical in the begining.

Your technique is flawless, but I don't hear you or your soul in the music.

What Kind of piano are you playing on? Sounds more acoustic, perhaps a japanese model like a Kawai?

r

• restrangled
    restrangled

Farkel,

I just read your website and indeed you are working off an electronic keyboard.....so sorry you had to sell your piano.

For those of us who are piano players, and of course not up to your calibur, but still working on pianos......the difference is heard.

This does not take away from your talent, but takes away from your personal touch in music which my last post was about.

Hope you can get a piano soon.

love, r.

• Farkel
    Farkel

restrangled,

: Wonderful work with your fingers, but I was a bit disapointed with Liebestraum....Too mechanical in the begining.

: Your technique is flawless, but I don't hear you or your soul in the music.

Mark Twain said, "Wagner's music is not as bad as it sounds."

The problem is the transference of the information from the keyboard to the sound card. My keyboard has a rich sampling of some of the finest grand pianos in the world, and when I play live, everything is as it should be. When I send the output to the sound card however, all the nuances in the piano are lost and the sound card selects a generic 'grand piano' as the instrument. The generic grand piano patch stinks compared with what my keyboard offers. Nuances are the difference, as you well know and of course, no one yet has captured the nuances and overtones produced by an accoustic grand piano into a chip on a keyboard.

When I played in a Concerto/Aria Contest in a local University in Southern California about a million years ago playing the Beethovan Choral Fantasy, no one complained it was "mechanical." In fact, I am most complimented by (teachers/mentors, friends and critics) by my musical passion and less so by my technique, which is hardly perfect.

BTW, Vladimir Horowitz was called "mechanical" by his critics, and so was Van Cliburn (the winner of the 1958 Soviet Tchaikovsky International Competition) in his later career. The latter charge is true. The former charge was rubbish. Horowitz not only had perfect technique, he had the required "soul" as you say. He could match Rubenstein with his Chopin any day of the week and make less mistakes, too!

That being said, if and when you can play the Liebestraum at all, please let us hear it. :)

Farkel

• JH
    JH

Love your music Farkel

alt

• Farkel
    Farkel

JH,

Nice animation! Thanks!

Farkel

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Farkel I'm glad you've put your music up online again. Truly.

Through the years here, I've seen how much love you have for music. Forgive me, but have you thought of playing the theme from "Somewhere in Time"? The music, I think, is hauntingly beautiful.

Chris

• Farkel
    Farkel

Mega Greetings Chris,

And my apologies for my screw-ups and idiocy with you in the past!

: Forgive me, but have you thought of playing the theme from "Somewhere in Time"? The music, I think, is hauntingly beautiful.

Yes, I love that one. I played it some years ago while staying with my aunt and uncle. She had the music. I'll get the music. It's not that hard to play, but it is highly syncophated. Problem is, my keyboard has konked out. It is about 11 years old, and if I can find someone to fix it and find whatever-it-is that is wrong with it, I will record it and put it up.

What moves me more about 'Somewhere in Time' is not just the music, but the premise of the movie. Maybe we all ARE eternal. Maybe not. ;)

Doug.....ooops, Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit