Heartbroken mother takes action......

by lavendar 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

Even if the letter you sent does not have an immediate, life-changing impact, you have kindly planted the seeds of doubt, and hopefully it will help him down the road to see for himself that what you said is true. I'm truly sorry you're going through this. I hope he and his wife get out of the jws because of your efforts. Hugs! Good luck and best wishes.

• Mary
    Mary

A good letter Lavender. I hope your son reads it. If you send him more info in the future, I would strongly recommend that you print off quotes from the Society's own literature so he can see what they're really all about.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I think that was a great letter to your son. While different ones here may quibble about the best way to deal with children doing this or people looking at it in general, YOU are his mom, and you have a position of strength because of your history. You also know him better than anyone else. I loved the part especially about pointing out how long it took it to make sense to him. YES, they need that much time to really 'inculcate' the victims. I hope, sincerely and dearly hope, that he has a huge AHA moment, and runs like crazy from them. Blessings to you and your family.

• Kudra
    Kudra

EXCELLENT letter.

• lavendar
    lavendar

Thank you ALL so much for your support! I appreciate you! Will let you know what happens......

Lavendar

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

Your letter is excellent, lavendar. Your love for your son is obvious. I hope he sees it and realizes that you have only his best interests at heart, and takes your words to heart as well.

GGG

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Perfectly phrased!!! Kudos, strength, and GOOD LUCK on your infinitely worthwhile mission to you.

Baba.

• bebu
    bebu

What an excellent letter! You didn't just argue doctrine, but talked very intelligently about WHY they are a cult. Not simply because they believe something differently than you, but because there is NO ROOM for individual thought!

Because you pointed these out so well, I think that if he continues into the WTS he'll be remembering these points and recognizing what you said as they start to become evident.

You may have to wait (I hope not!!!), but those were great seeds and you planted them well.

bebu

• esw1966
    esw1966

That was a very good letter!

I hope that he hears you. I hope that you never give up on him if he doesn't. Always show him love as he will not receive it within the walls of the hall and will always remember where he receives true love from.

My thoughts, best wishes, and prayers are with you!

Ethan

• hubert
    hubert

That was an excellent letter, Lavender.

Thanks for sharing it with us.

I hope your son reads it, and takes your advice. Well, we can hope and pray, can't we?

Reminds me of my daughters situation.

Hubert

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit