Wish Me Well: Surgery Tomorrow

by AudeSapere 68 Replies latest jw friends

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Well, I did my best with physical therapy but it's not enough. My knee is very unstabile (especially since I fell again 6 weeks ago). Tomorrow I'm scheduled for knee surgery to repair my ACL.

Dang!! I was just to the point where I could go up and down stairs with a little grace. Now I'll be back on crutches for several weeks while the repair heals.

I'll be rechecking the old suggestions (from my threads of last June) for making life easier while semi-incapacitated. The snack suggestions last summer were great! So were the suggestions for getting along on crutches and maintaining my house, job, life and sanity.

At least this time I have a little warning (and a little experience~~!). Also, it's just the knee this time. In the accident last June, I not only tore the ACL and meniscus, but also broke my knee in two spots and smashed (broke) my ankle. The ankle's better and all the knee fractures have healed - but an ACL can only be replaced. 1:00pm tomorrow to be exact.

Wish me well...!!

-Aude.

• RAF
    RAF

Best wishes (((AudeSapere)))

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

((((Aude))))

I hope everything goes really well for you tomorrow. I will be thinking of you.

love

Linda

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Good luck Aude,

I can sympathize with you I have had 4 surgies on my right knee and will eventually have to have a knee replacement.

Take care, don't try to do too much, make sure you wiggle your toes (back and forth) alot to prevent blood clots, and give your physical therapy 100%

ex-nj-jw

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

Wish you well!!!

• greendawn
    greendawn

I wish you a successful outcome with your surgery tomorrow. That accident proved quite troublesome for you.

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Break a leg!! Oh wait...you already did that :) Ok so....I hope it goes WELL and QUICK and they give you really good MEDs!

:) Loves <---has something surgically REMOVED from her body every two years whether she needs it or not LOL!

• needproof
    needproof

I hope everything goes good for you. Be strong!

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Hope all goes well Aude

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

(((((((Aude))))))))

I wish you well tomorrow and for a speedy recovery. Hugs!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit