There is a time for everything says the bible, so why..........

by JH 12 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

Someplace in the bible it's written that there is a time to go to war, a time for peace, and so on.

In other words, there is a time for everything !!!

So, keeping this verse in mind, I remember many years ago when I was layed off and on vacation, that I wanted to be a auxiliary pioneer for a a month or two, and the elders didn't want !!!

They told me, "when you work, you miss many meetings and you hardly go out in the field service, and now you want to be an auxiliary pioneer". That got one elder in particular angry, so he refused to sign the paper slip so that I could become aux. pionner the next month.

So, I told that elder that when I work, I'll miss many meetings, but when I'm layed off, I'll do much more, but the elder didn't like my ups and downs.

But If we come back to what the bible says, "there is atime for everything", the elder should have known better and should have accepted that I was finally free to aux. pioneer.

From that moment on, I never offered to pioneer.

Yeah, that elder wanted the last word. As result, I never wanted to pioneer again.

• JH
    JH

So, at the end of the meeting, 2 elders wanted to talk to me in the 2nd school.

Gee, that never happened to me before. I was scared.

Then I saw the slip of paper, and one elder signed and accepted that I become aux. pionneer and one elder didn't want.

So, I told that elder that didnt want, "how come i dont see you very often at the book study?" And he said, I work on saturdays !!!

So i said well if you can work and miss that meeting, I can miss meetings too and pioneer !!!

Gee, he raised his voice and got MAD, and the olther elder had to hold him back and calm him.......

OK, that was 15 years ago, but I had to get if off my chest

• carla
    carla

How does that work? The elder could have stopped you from doing fs? Or you wanted the title of aux pioneer? Couldn't you have just done the hours without his even knowing and turn in your time slip at the end of the month?

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Feels good sometimes to just get it out there , doesn't it ?

• JH
    JH
    Or you wanted the title of aux pioneer?

Of Course I did !!!

Afterall, I knew that I worked 7 months a year and wasn't often at the hall during that time, so I wanted to show that when I had a chance to do like so many others who were pioneers, I would.

When you pioneer, you feel special that month. We had many pioneers in our congregation back then, and they were close to one another. I wanted that feeling too.

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

THE VERSE YOUR LOOKING FOR IS IN ECC 3;1-9 AND I USE IT ON JW'S ALL THE TIME AND THEY HATE IT. TO MUCH ABOUT WAR

• juni
    juni

Here is a song from the ' 60s that some of you will remember that has this verse in its lyrics.

Juni

http://youtube.com/watch?v=aNopQq5lWqQ

• JH
    JH

For everything there is an appointed time, even a time for every affair under the heavens: 2 a time for birth and a time to die; a time to plant and a time to uproot what was planted; 3 a time to kill and a time to heal; a time to break down and a time to build; 4 a time to weep and a time to laugh; a time to wail and a time to skip about; 5 a time to throw stones away and a time to bring stones together; a time to embrace and a time to keep away from embracing; 6 a time to seek and a time to give up as lost; a time to keep and a time to throw away; 7 a time to rip apart and a time to sew together; a time to keep quiet and a time to speak; 8 a time to love and a time to hate; a time for war and a time for peace. 9 What advantage is there for the doer in what he is working hard at?

Thanks Johnny

And theyt could have added, a time to work and a time to pioneer...

• JH
    JH

Thanks for the link Juni.

It fits perfectly Now I'm downloading the song as I'm typing...lmao

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

But If we come back to what the bible says, "there is atime for everything", the elder should have known better and should have accepted that I was finally free to aux. pioneer

From what I see here the elders hardly ever know better. The bible verse is in Ecclesiastes 3:18. Pete Seger wrote a song about it in the 50's "Turn Turn Turn." The Byrds recorded it in the 60's. Maybe your elder was from generation X and never heard the song. Maybe he listens to punk rock.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit