"I Have Regained My Health, My Dignity And My Mind."

by scout575 10 Replies latest jw friends

• scout575
    scout575

"I am ashamed of my hateful beliefs...I never missed an opportunity to try to spread the word; in fact, it had become my sole mission in life. Unlike most Christians nowadays, I didn't pick and choose what parts of the Bible I was going to follow. I truly took all those hateful verses in the Bible to heart and applied them in my life..."

"I do have a very personal reason why I hate Christianity, it wasted years of my life that I can never get back, my childhood and my teenage years were stolen from me, and most of all, all the time I could have spent with my mom. And it isn't just all the wasted time, it is also the way it made me feel about myself and how I viewed others. I truly hated myself and I longed for death."

"I never saw any evidence, physical or personal, of the existence of the Christian god, so I just stopped believing...So, whilst I have regained my health, my dignity and my mind from the clutches of Christianity, I can never get back the precious time and life that were spent on it." ( A quotation from: Ex-Christian.net / Testimonies from former Christians / My Ex-Christian testimony )

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

You're obsessed, aren't you?

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Not sure which christian religion you are referring to but I can relate to regaining your dignity and your mind.

Now that I have been away for several years and not been reading the literature or going to the meetings I can truly say I have my mind back. It is very liberating. Every now and then there is a reminder of something that makes me angry. If there was a way I could purge my memory of certain people and unpleasant events I would do it. I want to forget most of those people as if I had never met them.

LHG

• greendawn
    greendawn

Mainstream religions nowadays are ok they don't ruin the lives of their members they let them find their own level, no rigorous control no punitive measures. But someone getting freed from a cult will recover his/her dignity and wellbeing.

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

2 Pet 2:19 Amplified Trans

19 They promise them liberty, when they themselves are the slaves of depravity and defilement--for by whatever anyone is made inferior or worse or is overcome, to that [person or thing] he is enslaved.

We all allowed ourselves to be enslaved by whatever it is, whether a religion, a cult or an org or God, the choice is ours. I prefer to be enslaved to God, it is my choice the same as all of us have. Nice thing about free moral agency. Or maybe not, the choices will all make themselves evident one day. I hope that we all make the right choices.

abr

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Not many people in this world consider JW's Christian.

Christian religions are pretty unified in their belief that Jesus is God. The Jw's dont believe that.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

Scout's agenda is to kerb exiting jws away from "christendom", by presenting alternative but fundamentalist examples. Scout believes that people would be better off staying jw - in some cases I suppose that might be right - when the focus and thinking of literalism persists, what difference does it make which imaginary beasty thing is served.

The spirituality of things simply hasn't been conceived.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Perhaps this person who made that quote is actually a former cult member but still identifies their former cult as being christian. Most christian religions dont ensnare their members and force them to give up the normal things of life such as an education, a positive outlook and goals. I will re read this again,but what I want to know is how did their former christian beliefs hurt them in a tangible way?

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Yeah I re-read it and this sounds like a definite former cult member, not any mainstream religion.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Personally I have never seen any member of a serious mainstream religion, large or small, suffer religion related problems. There isn't the kind of intense psychological pressure (always found in cults) that would cause such problems. If you don't like the agenda you just depart.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit