I walked out in the middle of the Watchtower Study yesterday............

by RULES & REGULATIONS 37 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Ozner
    Ozner

After the watchtower-study I have had a heated discussion with my partner also. I will not give you to much details, but speaking about this kind of history-fraud on a normal way seems not possible. I am happy to read I am not the only one...

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Knowing what you know, I would have walked out, too, filled with pure frustration!!

I didn't even know about 1975 until I read about it here on JWD. If I believed in the jw's, I would accept whatever lame excuse they have to say on that screwup test of faith, and still think they are right.

((((((((Warlock))))))))

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

LovesDubs

Thank you for finding and posting the article "Why are you looking forward to 1975? "

I remember an elder and his family sold their Hot Dog+Beef Stand business and pioneered because the end was near.When 1975 came and went,he bought back the business a few years later.He became so frustrated that he later quit being a Witness.We always knew that the WTS said those things as the article states,but never caught on.

• juni
    juni

Proplog2 said:

I had supper at a relatives house after 1975 and Karl Klein was at the table. The subject of 1975 came up. He said the brothers on the GB were razzing Fred Franz in the summer of 1975 about whether he still felt the end was coming. He quoted Franz's response "it isn't October yet

I don't think too many here are laughing along w/the governing body. So Fred Franz was behind the 1975 "end"?? It most definitely was not heresay, but came out of the mouth's of CO's at assemblies. Apparently only Franz was "enlightened" by the holy spirit? And apparently the GB feels it proper to razz one of their "anointed brothers" over his prophesying?

A lot of people redirected their lives feeling that the end was nigh. And they have the audacity to say that they NEVER announced this publically? But blame the individual members of the organization for reading into things?

Juni

• Mary
    Mary
    For years such ones longed for the day when Jehovah will put an end to this wicked world. However, when Armageddon did not occur by the time they expected, ` they became disheartened.

Ya.....I can't imagine where the brothers got the idea that Armageddon was 'right around the corner', or why they'd become "disheartened" when it didn't show up.

***km5/74p.3HowAreYouUsingYourLife?***

Reports are heard of brothers selling their homes and property and planning to finish out the rest of their days in this old system in the pioneer service. Certainly this is a fine way to spend the short time remaining before the wicked world’s end.

I find it incredible that the majority of Witnesses who were old enough to remember the frenzy in the Borg in the years leading up to '75, can now print or believe such stupidity as is demonstrated in the Craptower.

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

They went back to this world and never to come back because they loved the things in the world.We need to be patient because the end is near.We don't want to be like these brothers where they ignored all the signs."

I WONDER IF THEY KNOW EXACTLY WHAT I AM THINKING RIGHT NOW??? I BET THEY DO.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Whether it be the topic of blood transfusions, holidays, or worship of Jesus Crrist, Jehovah's Witnesses cannot remove the fact that their "decision makers" at the top of their organization have already testified, that "erronious" teachings must the accepted and obeyed whether Jevovah's Witnesses like it or not! Doesn't this testimony "under oath" really say it all? Can any Jehovah's Witness really feel "absolutely sure" or know "without any doubt", that what they are being taught by the Watchtower Society "today" is not another "erronious" interpretation? Isn't one "admission" in court enough? What will be left for Jehovah's Witnesses if the Watchtower admits five years from now, that their interpretation concerning the Paradise earth was also erronious? After all, look at what has happened to their 1914 doctrine! Douglas Walsh transcript, page 347/H.C. Covington (under cross) do not preach against them, we merely say that the worldly armies, like the nations of the world today, are a part of Santan's Organization, and we do not take part in them, but we do not say the nations cannot have their armies, we do not preach against warfare, we are merely claiming our exemption from it, that is all. Q.- Back to the point now, A false prophecy was promulgated? A.-I agree that. Q.- It had to be accepted by Jehovah's Witnesses? A.- That is correct. Q.- If a member of Jehovah's Witnesses took the view himself that the prophecy was wrong and said so he would be disfellowshipped? A.- Yes, if he said so and kept persisting in creating trouble, because if the whole congregation believes one thing, even though it be erronious, and somebody else starts on his own trying to put his ideas across then there is disunity and trouble, there cannot be harmony, there cannot be marching. When a change comes it should come from the proper source, the head of the organization, the governing body, not from the bottom upwards, because everybody would have ideas, and the organization would disintegrate and go in a thousand different directions. Our purpose is to have unity. Is having "unity" more important than having "truth"? Is having an "united" organization knocking on your door with "erronious" Biblical teachings, the picture you see in your mind as a "blessing" form God? Many of the Pharisees were "united" however, did they have the truth? What did Jesus think of the Pharisees? Do Jehovah's Witnesses like being classified as the "bottom" of the organization? Would it not be better for the organization to disintegrate and allow 6 million people to find their own "truth", than to keep them in prison with "erronious" doctrines that are constanly flip- flopping from year to year? So, in-other-words, at one time or another, the entire organization of Jehovah's Witnesses can be collectively and "unitedly erronious"! Nevada-

• oldflame
    oldflame

My mother got baptised in 1975 because she believed them about the end coming in that year. She is still waiting.........................

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

I remember the kingdunb Miseries of the early 70's saying that when you were out on the work you should emphasize how 1975 is going to be a crucial year!!!

HB

I almost puked a few weeks ago when my Mother ( who stored cupboards filled with tins and packets of dried food and soup - for armageddy) said "they never said anything about 1975."

Then she said "you've never done as well as you deserve because you were lazy,"

(forgetting that i was out on the work constantly, reading the bible studying constantly)

I did not pursue the career i wanted because they said i would never have the time. (Asleep May 1969) so all the homework seemed futile.

my mother has now joined with the GB in blaming the victims.

If you are raped or murdered it is your own fault for being where you were when it happened.

If you are disillusioned it is your own fault for choosing to be deceived by our CRAP.

HB

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

There is a word for those faithless brothers of 1914 and 1975 who thought that the end was not near. Today, we refer to them as being.... RIGHT.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit