I walked out in the middle of the Watchtower Study yesterday............

by RULES & REGULATIONS 37 Replies latest watchtower medical

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

I'm down to 1 meeting per week and that is even becoming difficult to attend.I read Blondie's excellent reviews of the weekly Watchtower Study and that keeps my sanity when reading the weekly study. Yesterday,I walked out in the middle of the study and went home because of some comments that were made after the reading of paragraph 5.Here is Blondie's study article and one comment that was made at the meeting.

Clearly, Jesus was concerned that his followers too could become distracted by Satan's world, even to the point that they might "return to the things behind." (Luke 17:22, 31) And, indeed, this has happened to some Christians. For years such ones longed for the day when Jehovah will put an end to this wicked world. However, when Armageddon did not occur by the time they expected, ` they became disheartened. Their confidence in the nearness of Jehovah's day of judgment faded. They slowed down in the ministry and gradually became so involved in the mundane matters of life that little time was left for spiritual matters. (Luke 8:11, 13, 14) In time, they `returned to the things behind'--how sad!

Here was the comment at my meeting that went something like this:

"In 1914, our brothers and sisters were waiting for the end and never came.In 1975,there were many brothers and sisters that waited for the end and it never came.These brothers became disheartened and left.They went back to this world and never to come back because they loved the things in the world.We need to be patient because the end is near.We don't want to be like these brothers where they ignored all the signs."

The WTS is always blaming the messenger and not the message.These people walked away due to lies and deception by the WTS!!!!! How do they live with themselves?

• minimus
    minimus

JWs have very short memories. As early as 1980, they were sounding off on all the "selfish" ones that became disheartened after they put faith in the words of Jehovah's Mouthpiece, the Governing Body. Blah blah blah. Always the same sh#t coming from the "Slave".

• gumby
    gumby

I almost walked out myself. When I started hearing the comments that were putting the brothers and sisters to blame for expecting 1975 to be the time of the end rather than simply the end of 6000 years since Adams creation......I wanted to stand up and scream.....

IT WAS THE DAMN FAITHFUL AND DISCREET SLAVE WHO PROMOTED 1975 AS THE END OF THE SYSTEM OF THINGS........NOT THE BROTHERS AND SISTERS!!!!!!

I leaned over to my dub wife and said" you don't know how these comments piss me off". My wife WELL remembers how the brothers and the C.O. was looking at there watches and counting off the days till 1975 would be here and the end would come. I also told her that I cannot understand why so many don't see what I was seeing in these comments and what the Watchtower was stating.

I was at the assembly after 1975 when Brother Sydlic himself put all the blame on the brothers and sisters for being too anxious about 1975 and I was pissed way back then and whispered to my wife...."they said it, not us"! These asswipes think everyone is stupid enough to just forget what the situation REALLY was during the 1975 era......and sadly, they seem to be right.

Gumad

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I was riding in my grandmother's funeral procession this weekend with my
    mother (JW) and her husband (non-JW) whom she married while she was
    DF'ed after 1975, then she came back to the Chicken Little Cult.

She starts talking about how Grandma never committed to Jehovah, she
    studied for awhile with JW's but did not want to give up the things of the
    world, then Mom said how her husband (tried studying, but wasn't interested)
    needed to decide what he will do. "My mother has the resurrection hope,
    because she died before the end, but the end is so close that you might
    live up to the time of judgement."

So he says "I am not prepared to give 110 % of my life to the Jehovah's
    Witnesses. I am not prepared to go to weeknight meetings, and those long
    assemblies. I am not prepared to go door-to-door pushing my beliefs on
    other people." (Mom started it, so he really was right to say all that.)
    "I think that God will forgive me for not knowing what the truth is."

Well, before Mom could regather her cult thoughts, I jumped right in and
    said, "I must agree. God should forgive him, it's not his fault if the truth is
    not easy to identify." Mom wasn't upset, she didn't regather her cult thoughts
    but switched to talking about Grandma.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

.."The ones that left ignored all the signs."..???..What signs?..The fact WBT$ published bullsh*t for years,Jehovahs Witness`s preached it and the whole retarted bunch of them was wrong..Again!!.....Lets all go back to the Kingdon Hall.Where we can study for decades,about things that won`t happen or we won`t believe years down the road..After the meeting we can laugh at all the people who are actually living thier lives...OUTLAW

• blondie
    blondie

I'm not surprised that the WTS rewrites its history as a function of controlling information. How many JWs were adults then who are JWs today? It is a function of a cult. Wasn't it in the book 1984 that history was being rewritten all the time?

• Warlock
    Warlock
    Yesterday,I walked out in the middle of the study and went home because of the comments that were made after the reading of paragraph 5

My wife showed me this paragraph when she was studying it. This has been one of the subjects of heated debate between the both of us, along with some other things, which I am considering to put into a new thread. Anyway like you guys, I told her what I have told her in the past: "WE DIDN'T SET THE DATE OR THE TIME FRAME. THEY DID." Now you have to understand that calling the "slave" THEY, is tantamount to calling the Pope a heathen to a Catholic, and that's were I start getting the lecture that starts with "Listen to how you talk. You have really changed for the worst" and all that.

Of course, I didn't go, which brought the "You're not going? You're never going back....................."

You know, sometimes I just HATE the weekends.

Warlock

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Warlock.."We did`nt set a date or a time frame"..Your Mrs.bought into more WBT$ lies..Ask her to check this out..Awake,April 5,1968..Article:"1975 What does it mean to you?"..Watchtower,Sept 15,1968..Article:"Why are you looking forward to 1975?"..WBT$ bullsh*t is easily destroyed with thier own literature...OUTLAW

• xjwms
    xjwms

I would have walked out as well

I can't even think about going at all.

All-ready I am not looking forward to memorial

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Yesterday,I walked out in the middle of the study and went home because of the comments that were made after the reading of paragraph 5

My wife showed me this paragraph when she was studying it. This has been one of the subjects of heated debate between the both of us, along with some other things, which I am considering to put into a new thread. Anyway like you guys, I told her what I have told her in the past: "WE DIDN'T SET THE DATE OR THE TIME FRAME. THEY DID." Now you have to understand that calling the "slave" THEY, is tantamount to calling the Pope a heathen to a Catholic, and that's were I start getting the lecture that starts with "Listen to how you talk. You have really changed for the worst" and all that.

Of course, I didn't go, which brought the "You're not going? You're never going back....................."

You know, sometimes I just HATE the weekends.

Warlock

(((((Warlock))))) I don't envy you one bit. I miss my family terribly. But I'm not married to them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit