Oh NO!!! It's raining on Prince!!

by MsMcDucket 34 Replies latest social entertainment

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

I'm scared he's going to get electrocuted or break a leg or something!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

naw I'm afraid that hair is gonna draw up lol

• Fleshybirdfodder
    Fleshybirdfodder

I can't believe he sang "All Along the Watchtower"!!!!

FBF

• Highlander
    Highlander

I'm surprised he didn't mention Jehovah at the end of the performance. He seems to do that alot at this concerts, or after winning an award.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket
    naw I'm afraid that hair is gonna draw up lol

Girl, you know Prince's hair is "good". It might get curly looking. That's what mines does when it's wet. My girls always ask me why didn't they get my hair.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

what was that thing on his head

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Yeah, I only go in on the last 3-5 minutes of his performance, so I didnt hear him sing "All along the Watchtower", but my brother did call me and tell me.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket
    I'm surprised he didn't mention Jehovah at the end of the performance.

Maybe someone told him that he was making a "showy display", so he did it mentally?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

yeah my grandma had hair like that. two of my boys' hair is like that also. I think it skipped a generation. lol

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

that thing on his head was a do-rag

A do-rag, also spelled doo-rag or durag, is a simple piece of cloth tied at the back, used to cover the head.

From the 1930s to the 1960s, they were used by African American men to hold chemically processed hair-dos in place while they slept. Originally they were made from pieces of handkerchief, bandannas, or women's stockings, now they are made from polyester. Do-rags resurged as a fashion trend among urban youth in the 1970s and 1990s, as well as Middle Eastern fundamentalist groups in the 2000s. Typically, do-rags are black, but can be worn in other colors. Do-rags are regularly used to create or/and maintain waves. They are also used for cornrowed hairstyles, too.

Hip hop artists such as Chamillionaire, LL Cool J, Sheek Louch, Mike Jones, Petey Pablo, 50 Cent and Cam'ron have helped popularize do-rags among mainstream audiences by incorporating them in their dress.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit