Oh NO!!! It's raining on Prince!!

by MsMcDucket 34 Replies latest social entertainment

• Highlander
    Highlander
    Prince may be in touch with his feminine side, but he's not gay.

I agree, he's definitely not gay. I've met both him and his now ex-wife.(even if he was gay, what a stupid thing for my wife to bring up anyways.)

My wife though, she needs to turn on that brain of hers. She's intelligent, but still lives in the black/white and isolated world of the j-dubs.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    I can't believe he sang "All Along the Watchtower"!!!!

When Prince was performing "All Along the Watchtower" I was anticipating that he would reach in his back pocket, pull out a Watchtower and its companion journal, the AWAKE! and begin demonstrating the proper way to present Life-saving literature to 110,000 heathens who don't worship the true God of prophecy.

• Highlander
    Highlander
    When Prince was performing "All Along the Watchtower" I was anticipating that he would reach in his back pocket, pull out a Watchtower and its companion journal, the AWAKE! and begin demonstrating the proper way to present Life-saving literature to 110,000 heathens who don't worship the true God of prophecy.

That's pretty much the only reason I watched the halftime show. I wanted to see him do something related to the j-dubs.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Ill tell you how good prince is...they didn't have no competition going against him. Think about it, the last few years at halftime they have had MTV specials, the lingeria bowl and simpson special's. Prince doing the half time they dont plan none of that stuff. He is the G.O.A.T.

• gespro
    gespro

Hey Guys...

My wife wrote a bit on her blog and has the footage. She's getting hits from odd places [probably dubs.... hope so]. Anyway over here, we've been watching Prince play the WTS game. We think Brother Nelson's trying to tell us something here...

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Gespro, I thought that it was strange when he said "I ain't no fool" and then looked at the camera really weird like. I thought that he might be trying to send a message to someone too.

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

Hey Guys...

My wife wrote a bit on her blog and has the footage. She's getting hits from odd places [probably dubs.... hope so]. Anyway over here, we've been watching Prince play the WTS game. We think Brother Nelson's trying to tell us something here...

gespro, I agree! I think he was saying 'see ya!' to the WT. Just read those lyrics....it's all there. I couldn't be happier for the guy.

Heh. My very first post on this board came about because I heard Prince became a JW and I couldn't believe it.

I knew he couldn't last in the org. I hope this is him really saying what I think he is saying.

Thanks to your wife for taking down the lyrics:

(Video Transcription)
    Prince's Watchtower Medley

All along the watchtower
    princes kept a view
    while the women came and wept
    their foot servants too
    outside in the cold distance
    a wild cat did growl
    two riders were approaching
    and the wind began to howl

I ain't going on to someone new
    I needed somewhere to hang my head
    Without your noose
    You gave me something that I didn't have
    But had no use

I was too weak to give in
    Too strong to lose

My heart is under arrest again
    But I'll break loose
    My head is giving me life or death
    I Will Choose

I swear I'd never give in
    'cause I refuse.

is someone getting the best (the best the best the best) of you?
    is someone getting the best (the best the best the best) of you?

Is someone taking your faith?
    Its real, the pain you feel
    you must confess.

Is someone getting the best (the best the best the best) of you?
    [solo]
    ...the best the best the best of you?

I got another confession
    my friend,
    I ain't no fool.

• orbison11
    orbison11

well based on his hosting an after awards parti (cant remember which one) a few weeks ago, with hollywoods hottest, (and not a jw to be seen in sight)

and the after parti papers noting who was boinking who in the stairwells, who was doing what drugs where, etc

i would say he is on his way out,,,,

my x was/is an entertainer, and if he ever missed a meeting for a gig,,the ppoo would fly,,,,wonder if prince made the public talk and watchtower in the morning before the game////wanna bet,,no

orb

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir

You know, I didn't know all the lyrics, and I suppose it could be read either pro or con the Org...but the phrase "is someone getting the best of you?" certainly has meaning for XJWs...and I know Prince has a deep love of cryptic messages in his songs.

One can only hope! I love him, I want the real Prince back.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I am being totally perverse here, and I kind of dislike myself for it-but I have never been a big prince fan. Wouldn't even recognize most of what he sang-but if he LEFT the JWs, I would probably become a fan. I was kind of wondering about his choice of songs, but couldn't really understand all of the lyrics. I think someone is on to something! I hope for his own sake he realizes it is a bad thing.

On an unrelated topic, I think the choreography for the twin girls was lame, and their costuming boring w/o actually being modest. That last thing-with the sheet was kind of weird and made me scratch my head-if that is a phallic symbol to him, I sure wouldn't want to see his phallus. Scary.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit