I feel bad about being a part of this...

by sibboleth 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
    Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit

Bless you for having human feelings even while you were under the brainwash. Shame on the evil leaders of the JW cult.

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

Sounds like my current congregation.... I'd tell stories like this too, I have many of them but I don't want to be found out by anyone since I would have to be pretty specific. Nice to see that the so-called spiritually directed elder arrangement also doesn't work in other congs. I am still an elder now and they are starting to get suspicious... "how are you?" "we haven't seen you in service on sunday lately" "is everything ok..do you need help from any of us (other elders)?" Idiots!

• greendawn
    greendawn

It shows the rigorous way in which the WTS seeks to control its members. It's the same old archetypal situation of the leadres burdening the followers with many commands instead of manifesting a spirit of love. The dubs are deeply into this mentality.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

in both congregations that i was an elder in i was the victim of 'king' po...who considered me a threat

they made what should have been an enjoyable job become a thankless chore on numerous occasions

elders meetings were especially trying...and these were the type of guys who had one at the end of every meeting...until i suggested that if an elders meeting was necessary after a regular meeting then we should first fulfill our 'obligation' to be available to the brothers/friends for 20 mins after..you would be surprised how un-necessary these additional meetings soon became

• clarity
    clarity

bttt

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit