Prayer to the Holy Spirit

by Amazing 51 Replies latest jw friends

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas
    my method would be the babysteps

Yes, you fill the baby-step method position well; which leaves me -- i guess -- with the adult-running method.

I personally held on very tightly to my tiny -- but oh so precious -- mentally engraved god images. It was only when someone presented the radical understanding of the all-encompassing immediacy of the Divine that I began to lose the mental chains and concepts which bound me. I could have all too easily baby-stepped my way to the grave. So, for me the only right time to point to the infinite and present nature of our Source, is now.

j

• LittleToe
    LittleToe
    which leaves me -- i guess -- with the adult-running method.

I'd rather liken it to running a train at a wall, but sometimes it takes a sledge hammer to crack a nut

• Robdar
    Robdar

This thread has inspired me.

• toreador
    toreador

What is the difference between praying to dead saints and martyrs and trying to communicate with the dead. If you feel they both can hear and answer you. Have any of the saints answered you or do you by faith think there is a slight possibility that God will more likely listen to your prayers if you ask others to hound him about answering your prayers. Does God think twice about answering your prayers if he hears others in heaven pestering him for answering it besides just you? Do you feel God keeps tabs on how many times he is asked the same prayer over and over again to decide to answer or not?

I truly dont get it.

Tor

• Robdar
    Robdar

Have any of the saints answered you

Absolutely. They have given me information that I had no way of knowing before they told me.

You say you don't understand it but have you actually tried it with an open heart and pre-conceived opinions put aside?

It's worth a go. You might be amazed at what you'll find.

• toreador
    toreador
    Absolutely. They have given me information that I had no way of knowing before they told me.

Ok, so what and how did they tell you. You have peaked my curiousity!
    Tor

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire
    What is the difference between praying to dead saints and martyrs and trying to communicate with the dead. If you feel they both can hear and answer you.

Hi Toreador. Read the whole thread and you will see that this has already been addressed and explained. The Saints are NO LONGER DEAD since they are resurrected. They are alive to God and to us. Unlike before the resurrection when they were dead and thus could not hear us. Beseaching the saints is NOT communicating with the dead.

Have any of the saints answered you or do you by faith think there is a slight possibility that God will more likely listen to your prayers if you ask others to hound him about answering your prayers. Does God think twice about answering your prayers if he hears others in heaven pestering him for answering it besides just you? Do you feel God keeps tabs on how many times he is asked the same prayer over and over again to decide to answer or not?

By virtue of the fact that they are dear to God and WITH GOD, yes. That is what the concept is. I don't know if God "thinks twice". Does God "think twice" about answering the prayers of friends on earth whom me may ask, "pray for me"? Why do people ask their friends to pray for them?

I truly dont get it.

Well, at least you are asking. Some people just will not get it or believe in it at all and it's not a doctrine that is a matter of salvation anyway. I'm just explaining the doctrine. But this thread is about the Holy Spirit and now I've hijacked it talking about praying to the Saints.

• Amazing
    Amazing

Hi Bluesapphire,

Well, at least you are asking. Some people just will not get it or believe in it at all and it's not a doctrine that is a matter of salvation anyway. I'm just explaining the doctrine. But this thread is about the Holy Spirit and now I've hijacked it talking about praying to the Saints.

You are doing just fine, and it is a related topic in a sense ... so I see no hi-jacking. I appreciate your responses, as they are quite in line with Catholic thinking ... and you explain things simply and clearly.

Thanks,

Jim Whitney

• Robdar
    Robdar

Ok, so what and how did they tell you

The message I got is private. It is personal and the information changed my life overnight. I am still feeling its effect.

Tor, it's very simple to get an answer. The difficult part is maintaining your inner silence long enough to hear the answer and then having faith in the answer you get. My advice for any beginner who would like to know their saint better is to learn how to be patient and internally silent. The answer will come.

• Amazing
    Amazing

Robdar,

The message I got is private. It is personal and the information changed my life overnight. I am still feeling its effect. ... Tor, it's very simple to get an answer. The difficult part is maintaining your inner silence long enough to hear the answer and then having faith in the answer you get. My advice for any beginner who would like to know their saint better is to learn how to be patient and internally silent. The answer will come.

Amen! On Target!... that is my own experience to a tee. The Orthodox have a practice they engage in that is/was new to me. It is connected to what you recommend. I will make a separate post on it and see what you think.

Jim Whitney

PS: I replied to your PM.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit