King of the North = UN

by JWFreak 13 Replies latest jw friends

• JWFreak
    JWFreak

Hi I have stopped going to the meetings for the past month or so.

My PO drops in today to give me a shepherding visit etc and says he has heard from Brooklyn that the latest WT has named the UN as the king of the north.

Has anyone else heard this crazy rumour.... He is someone who often gets these things wrong

Just being a little cynical.

Mind you the WT does have an amazing habit of revealing new light.....Yeah right!!!

The Freak

• needproof
    needproof

More nonsense. Have you heard that talk on the freeminds site where the speaker says that the King of the North is radical Islam?

It's whoever works at the time for them.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I'd say your po is playing guessing games, which is what the gb have been doing for years after all.

The fact is, they have no idea who the king of the north is. They have no idea about much of anything, for that matter.

• blondie
    blondie

UN = scarlet-colored wild beast, image of the wild beast, ridden by Babylon the Great (worldwide empire of false religion)

King of the North characteristics per the WTS

Last identified as the Soviet Union (USSR) which collapsed in 1989

*** dp chap. 16 p. 270 par. 2 The Contending Kings Near Their End ***

During the two world wars, Germany had been the chief enemy of the king of the south—the Anglo-American World Power—and had occupied the position of the king of the north. After World War II, however, that nation stood divided. West Germany became an ally of the king of the south, and East Germany aligned itself with another powerful entity—the Communist bloc of nations headed by the Soviet Union. This bloc, or political entity, stood up as the king of the north, in strong opposition to the Anglo-American alliance. And the rivalry between the two kings became a Cold War that lasted from 1948 to 1989. Previously, the German king of the north had acted "against the holy covenant." (Daniel 11:28, 30)

Actually, the WTS says that the "king of the north" is part of the UN along with the "king of the south" and all the other nations.

*** w93 11/1 p. 22 par. 17 The Final Victory of Michael, the Great Prince ***

The destruction of Babylon the Great is graphically described in the book of Revelation: "The ten horns that you saw [the ‘kings’ ruling in the time of the end], and the wild beast [the scarlet-colored wild beast, representing the United Nations organization], these will hate the harlot and will make her devastated and naked, and will eat up her fleshy parts and will completely burn her with fire." (Revelation 17:16) Truly, the nations ‘destroy much flesh’! (Daniel 7:5) But why will the rulers, including the king of the north, destroy Babylon the Great? Because ‘God puts it into their hearts to carry out his thought.’ (Revelation 17:17)

*** w85 5/1 p. 6 Why God Has Not Yet Executed His Judgment ***

Although opposed to each other, the superpowers and their blocs—"the king of the south" and "the king of the north"—are both represented in the global political organization that today causes people to "wonder admiringly." What an apt description of the post-World War I League of Nations and its post-World War II successor, the United Nations organization.—Daniel 11:40; Revelation 17:8.

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

So they have been using the King of the North's library card???

Boy...thats ballsy

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff
    My PO drops in today to give me a shepherding visit etc and says he has heard from Brooklyn that the latest WT has named the UN as the king of the north.

That is one thing I loooove about JW, they always want to seem to be the first with new info...

I have been out a few months, but unless it appears in a WT, or at least heard at a DC, it isn't official... Bet he heard a loose cannon comment at morning worship and is running with it....

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

If the king of the north is the UN, then who is the wild beast of revelation?

George W.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

The litterature has already paved the way for the King of North to be identified as America/Britain.

As I no longer have the books, i cannot right now provide the pages, but "The nations shall know", "Gods kingdom of a thousand years", "mans salvation" and even the Revelation Climax, all contain statements hinting in this direction.

Especially when you tie these in with recent statements at ASSemblies, which say the King of the South no longer exists at the time of the attack of Gog. So they seem to imply that Armageddy will come at a time in the earths history when there is only one great superpower. The interpretation is that from Daniels time, the King of South changes into the King of the North, whose new rival (KOS) in turn becomes KON and so on...

The rage of the king of the North in Dan 11, is quite clearly stated to be part of that attack even as far back as 1958.

Of course the big question is that now the WTBCS says that the disgusting thing stands in a place holy to Christendom, does this mean it is disgusting to Christendom?

yaddayddayddyadayddh

HB

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

In the Watchtower world any entity can be used as the typical and/or antitypical fulfillment of just about anything. "Truth" is fluid, and can change direction without notice according to the whims of the governing body. The king of the north could have been Nazi Germany at one time, then the USSR, then Islam, then the UN. Who knows? Tomorrow it might be me. Or the YMCA.

W

• blondie
    blondie

HB, while the current WTS doctrine does not identify the KON, even since 1989 they still stick with the identification of the KOS as being the US, UK, and so-called stable governments as still being valid.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit