MAT. 24:14 FULLFILED - MIAMI ASSEMBLY

by pixel 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

Well I'm glad. Maybe Matt can move on now and become a real man.

Kwin

• Mystla
    Mystla

I think your right, they are throwing this out there to stir things up a bit. They have already alluded to this in their publications so saying it at assemblys now is just to get the masses riled. A little more "stay alive til '75" only this time they can say that they agree with what was said, but that this never meant the witnessing work was over, they haven't ever said that, it's just the brothers assuming too much again.

Misty

• Borgia
    Borgia

Interesting that your story deviates from the mp3 on that same subject.....here it says that it has been fulfilled, not soon in the future. Not 2 countries but 3...... If that is actually what has een said there.....GB really start putting this in print because it starts to confuse the sheep....

cheers

Borgia

• onacruse
    onacruse

Hmmm...after another ~130 years, and the witness work is done?

W 7/1/1879 Reprints p.4

Why will there be a Second Advent?

There are two texts in particular used by our post-millennial brethren, to which we would refer: "This Gospel must first be preached in all the world for a witness. Then shall the end come." They claim this to refer to the Gospel converting the world before the end of the Gospel age. We pre-millennial believers claim, that witnessing to the world does not mean converting the world, but as it reads, to witness or testify.

This witness has already been given.

In 1861, the Bible Societies’ reports showed that the Gospel had been published in every language of earth; not that all earth’s myriads had received it. No; not one in a hundred of the twelve hundred millions have ever heard of the name of Jesus. Yet it has fulfilled the text--it has been a witness to every nation.

w 9/1/40 265

The witness work for THE THEOCRACY appears to be about done in most of the countries of "Christendom."

This does not disturb the faithful servants of Jehovah God, for the reason that they know that the witness work is God’s work, "his strange work," and that it must come to a close before God’s "strange act" begins.

Shall any of God’s people now sigh and cry because they see that the witness work is coming to a close?

Not at all. On the contrary, the faithful will rejoice. They know that it is God’s work. Their trust is entirely in Jehovah and in his King. Therefore, instead of being sad and in despair, the faithful will continue to say: "But I have trusted in thy mercy; my heart shall rejoice in thy salvation. I will sing unto the Lord, because he hath dealt bountifully with me." (Psalm 13:5, 6)
  • A-Team
    A-Team

JWs dont know how to use their own logic, its really sad. Do they realize, with the advent of Satellite TV and radio waves, that OTHER Christian Organizations have already penetrated those 3 countries that have been talked about?

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

it was also in a 1995 watchtower or awake.. stating matt 24:14 IS fulfilled

• onacruse
    onacruse

candidlynuts, are you thinking of this:

*** w95 9/1 pp. 17-18 Christian Witnesses for Divine Sovereignty ***

Still, that first-century preaching work was merely a foretaste of what would be accomplished during the last days. Looking forward especially to our time, Jesus said: "This good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come." (Matthew 24:14; Mark 13:10) Has this prophecy been fulfilled? Indeed, it has.

That's the one I remember.

However, notice the "escape clause" the include at the end of that same paragraph:

First, the remaining ones of the Israel of God have been gathered "out of every tribe and tongue and people and nation." Second, the millions of the "great crowd" began to be brought in from "all nations and tribes and peoples and tongues." (Revelation 5:9; 7:9) Matthew 24:14 continues to be fulfilled in a large way.

Call me stupid, but I always thought that "fulfilled" meant "fulfilled."

• willyloman
    willyloman
    The next thing they'll be teaching is that the seven trumpets of Revelation were the seven Jehovah's Witness District assemblies from 1922 to 1928, starting with Cedar Point, Ohio and ending with Detroit, Michigan.

Yeah, right, Gary, like that could happen!

• free2beme
    free2beme

I thought the only thing that happened in Maimi was Sun.

• TowerWatch
    TowerWatch

Last time I heard the story Jehovah's Witnesses were in all but three countries now just a few days later and the number is down to two.

It's happening fast, it must true this time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit