"Holidays Are Like Unclean Candy In A Gutter"

by minimus 20 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

So says the "What Does The Bible REALLY Teach" book. "Like that candy, holidays may seem sweet, but they have been picked up from unclean places.....We need to have a viewpoint like that of the prophet Isaiah, who told true worshiper:Touch nothing unclean".---------So origins really matter! ---------Isn't it funny how the Society can pick and choose which pagan origins aren't as bad as another???

• Honesty
    Honesty

They're ok now.

I thoroughly washed all holidays with a strong disinfectant.

• minimus
    minimus

I feel like a dirty M&M.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I feel the same way about the bOrg. *smirk*

• FadingAway
    FadingAway

No such thing as faith in God in this orginization. Just a list of do's and don'ts picked up from the latest mags or books.

• BlackPearl
    BlackPearl

I'll take Candy wherever I can get it! Lil' soap and water, and....good as new!

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

You're going to have to give me your definition of "pagan". Because when I was a witness, everything that wasn't associated with being a witness was pagan. Now that I'm in a different light, I think that many religions are a crock of dungy stuff, which means did the religion make it a sin, did god make it a sin, did man make it a sin, is it just mythology, and so on. ..

• minimus
    minimus

Remember, during Rutherford's time, the crackpot Woodsworth came up with a Christian calender that dropped our months and days for one made up by him that was not "pagan". They soon tired of it and went back to the "pagan" calender.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow
    holidays may seem sweet, but they have been picked up from unclean places.....We need to have a viewpoint like that of the prophet Isaiah, who told true worshiper:Touch nothing unclean

Usual crap from the wts, I think they should say waht they really mean here:

holidays should be used to spend more time in bookselling.....We need to have a viewpoint like that of the governing body, who told Jehovahs Witnesses to touch nothing we tell you is unclean
  • carla
    carla

does the three second rule apply?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit