We couldn't stop laughing! LOL

by Rayvin 18 Replies latest social family

• Rayvin
    Rayvin

My mom-in-law sent this to her whole list including me and her df'd son.

Its titled

A Wonderful illustration!

Have you ever worked in the ministry with someone who is afraid of dogs? Usually we encourage the person not to run. Why? Because the dog will Chase after and probably overcome the person or child if they run. As servants of Jehovah we are constantly being attacked by 'dogs' - that is, Satan and his demons. They want to get us. Thus, we may be plagued with problems, such as, worries about money And how to make ends meet (economics), some of us have health problems, Others family problems, and the list go on and on. But how can we endure when being attacked? Deut. 11:22, 23. In this text Jehovah promised Israel that if they would strictly keep his commandments and CLING to him, he would back them against the nations and they would dispossess them. In the case of a child that is afraid of dogs, usually what he does when a dog comes around, is to hold the parent's hand tight -- even cling by grabbing hold of the parent's leg. Jehovah wants us to cling to Him when we are Being attacked by the 'dogs'. How do we cling to Jehovah? 1Cor.15:58. This text encourages us to become steadfast, unmovable. In other words, cling to Jehovah. We do this by 'having plenty to do in the work of the Lord.' We must keep busy by: 1. Regular attendance and participation at the meetings; 2. Personal study with meditation and reflection; 3. Regularly sharing in the disciple-making work; and 4. Prayer: This builds our trust in Jehovah. Thus, we don't run. Sadly some run when being attacked by the 'dogs'. They run from Jehovah and His organization. They forget that animals usually don't attack individuals in a group. Rather they go after the person Who runs. Even if the individual runs fast, sooner or later the dog catches up. We need to cling to Jehovah and His organization. We all need to develop a close, personal relationship with Jehovah so that when The 'dogs' attack, we 'Don't Run.'

• mia_b
    mia_b

well the bOrg dog isn't gonna catch me!

• juni
    juni

Now that I've seen "both" sides now - this is interesting. I can clearly see the mind control behind this.

But the strange thing is that I found in my 21 years in the organization is that the "dogs" that attacked came from within the congregation - not in the "world". Strange isn't it?

Juni (who always fed her leather bookbag to the dogs)

• KAYTEE
    KAYTEE

With the size of some of these dogs, it’s better to be a live coward, than a dead hero.

KT

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

That letter is enough to make me puke up last weeks dinner(s) Another dubass example of how these nut jobs are living in la la land.

Dismembered

• Mary
    Mary
    As servants of Jehovah we are constantly being attacked by 'dogs' - that is, Satan and his demons. They want to get us. Thus, we may be plagued with problems, such as, worries about money And how to make ends meet (economics), some of us have health problems, Others family problems, and the list go on and on.

Gosh, most people I know have all the problems mentioned above......does that mean that Satan de Debbil is after them too? What a load of shit.......sounds like she took notes from the assembly and put them in a letter to one and all.......wonder if she counted it as "time" on her Service Report.

• Amber Rose
    Amber Rose

Thanks for sharing such an encouraging example. I can't wait to share it with the car group this morning - right after I wipe the rest of the vomit off my chin.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Its too bad that most JW's feel they must DO something for Jehovah (their parental figure) first in order for him to protect them. Most human parents would protect their chidren no matter what. And do not require any works given in return. And most mainstream Christians, who also look to God as thier "heavenly father" figure, believe God is always there and willing to "hold their hands" in time of fear, no questions asked and requiring nothing back from them. The WT has created thier own version of God and this "Jehovah" is an exacting, punishing, taskmaster God who is never happy and never willing to help his children unless they jump thru a lot of hoops for him first. He is a "dysfunctial" Father figure and who the hell would want to worship him to begin with? Lilly

• Warlock
    Warlock

But the strange thing is that I found in my 21 years in the organization is that the "dogs" that attacked came from within the congregation - not in the "world". Strange isn't it?

Juni,

This is so true in many cases.

The only difference is, that dogs look and act like dogs in field service.

In the organization, the dogs look like sheep.

Warlock

• Rayvin
    Rayvin

What I love the best is that all the bad stuff is blamed on satan and demons and you not attending meetings or studying or praying. The good stuff is blamed on doing all the good stuff and having faith. But what about the worldly people that win the lottery at a crucial time in thier lives when they were about to be evicted and then won the lottery? oh.. that is satan pulling them away from the truth by distracting them with material things. If a witness comes into good fortune it was Jehovah taking care of his people.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit