Has anyone found another religion??

by Cass 29 Replies latest jw friends

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

I go to a Baptist church. It is organized with all of the charities and preaching activity.

I do believe that its not my church membership that makes me a Christian. I go for the fellowship and group evangelism and charity activities.

What makes me a Christian is my faith in God. My faith is no way tied to this church. I just like to worship with other people who have the same faith.

I also believe that I have other brothers and sisters who are not members of a Baptist church. JWs think that only they are God's channel. I don't believe my church is God's channel. I believe His channel is the Holy Bible.

I have brothers and sisters in non-denominational churches, Methodist, Presbyterean, etc.

I believe that the Bible is our only authority -- no organization.

• Warlock
    Warlock

I haven't found one because I'm not looking for one.

I will never find another one because I will never look for another one.

I've had it, and I'm all done with it.

Let God judge me as he sees fit.

Warlock

• avishai
    avishai

Also, discordianism. Or not....

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

Welcome Cass, I agree with the others such as Juni, LadyL, Open Fire, New Boy, not religion but spirituality based upon love, love of God and Christ, love of neighbor, faith in Christ Blood, religion has done more damage then good in turning people to God.

1 Chr 28:9 “And Solomon, my son, learn to know the God of your ancestors intimately. Worship and serve him with your whole heart and a willing mind. For the L ord sees every heart and knows every plan and thought. If you seek him, you will find him. But if you forsake him, he will reject you forever

abr

• Cass
    Cass

Hi there, thanks for responses, you're all tops!! It's been good to see what you're all thinking. And Avishai, you must be a very busy person

• Honesty
    Honesty
    Cass: WOW you guys are quick!!! I really don't know what I'm looking for at the moment, I'm not a huge fan of God, however, I still can't kick the idea that there needs to be some sort of organised relgion, you know some way of "preaching the good news" and "baptising people in the name of Jesus". Who knows i will probably change my mind it's hard to tell what I going to end up believing these days I'm just interested to hear what other people are up to.

Jesus is all you need.

His Spirit will guide you in all things.

The entire body of Christ is preaching the Good News and baptising people in the name of Jesus.

Invite Him into your life and He will have dinner with you forever (Rev. 3:20).

Ask Him to lead you to other believers who enhance the Kingdom and remember that where two or three are gathered together in His name, He is there among them. (Matthew 18:20)

• poppers
    poppers

What is religion other than a particular viewpoint on how to approach an infinite and unknowable "god"? Can any such viewpoint embrace the WHOLELNESS of what the word "god" points to? It seems ridiculously naive to think that one viewpoint is any more valid than another. Going from one to another is like remaining in a house and going from one room to another and thinking that that will reveal the infinite universe that lies beyond the walls of that house.

• done4good
    done4good

None for me, thanks. If God exists, he, (she, it), will be my judge, and not any organization. Like Warlock said, I'm done.

j

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

I don't think I could ever belong to another "religion". I've gone to a couple of different churches, but just don't seem to fit in. I am focusing instead on my own spirituality.

BB

• the dreamer dreaming
    the dreamer dreaming

www.jiohdi.org

I found no religion to be more than con games, so I made up my own (^_^)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit