Thank you all for your help

by brainfcked 28 Replies latest jw friends

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep
    I am being totally honest when I say that I am still bugged by a little voice in back of my mind that is telling me I am falling into one of Satan's snares.

This is because you're conversating with us? Give it time, that's all. You'll see that ridiculous rule fade away from your mind. Been there. Eventually, you may start meeting us in person!!

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

How do you turn off the JW voices in your head?

Envision them all in their undewear :P

• minimus
    minimus

Hey Brainfcked, that's the BEST NEW NAME I've seen in a while! I think you forgot a letter though.

• free2think
    free2think

Welcome to the board. I hope you find the peace and support that you need here I know I have.

free2think

• greendawn
    greendawn

Welcome, the best way forward is to displace the old oppressive WTS information with new information about their real nature and behaviour, expanding awareness in that sector will help destroy their hold on someone's mind. There is no armageddon as they imagine it and they are totally irrelevant to the salvation of lives.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

BF,

You have proven an important point and for that alone your post was invaluable. Even those who have been DF'd or have left the Organization can be haunted and damaged by the imprinting on the mind and heart of the WT propaganda. I'ts pervasive in the heart of the sincere and misled. I know what you mean about being in fear of the end, even though you weren't in the org and were doing what you wanted. Freedom comes with the realization that they are a paper tiger. There is no big "A" coming and no one gives a rats behind how many magazines you place.

You are free, now free your mind. This is the place for throwing off the shackles.

Welcome.

W.Once

• bebu
    bebu

Hi and welcome!!!

How do you turn off that voice? You can't. BUT, you can counter it by saying that you want to know what is true no matter where it will lead. And you will look at everything as honestly and with as much integrity as you can, whether pro-JW or anti-JW. Psalm 18:17 says, "The first to present his case seems right, until another comes forward and questions him." Honest cross-examination is the answer, and God expects you to do it.

bebu

LL, loved your post.

• anewme
    anewme

Welcome sweetie! Like you I didnt find this forum until I was 50.
    I spent many years crying my heart out over this religion.
    But this forum has dried my tears, stopped my nightmares, put a smile on my face, and a new confidence in my life.

NO TIME LIKE THE PRESENT TO BEGIN TO ENJOY LIFE!!!!

WELCOME TO THE FORUM!

Anewme

• hubert
    hubert

Welcome to the forum, BF.

I was never a j.w., however, my daughter became involved with it, through her aunt who is one.

When I first started researching the j.w. cult and arguing (which is not the right thing too do) with my daughter about their teachings, I used to feel inferior, because she seemed to have all the answers to whatever I came out with. Of course we all know now, that this is what they are taught....to have an answer for practically every question a "worldly" person could ask.

I would actually start to feel ....'Maybe she knows something I don't know".

Then, I aquired the book by Ray Franz called "Crisis of Conscience". Once I read this book, I KNEW she was in a cult, and it was I who "knew something SHE didn't know".

All my fears left me..... Get the book....read it, and you'll see if it doesn't straighten out your thinking.

Hubert

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit