New Harry Potter Book Release Date!

by cathyk 13 Replies latest social entertainment

• cathyk
    cathyk

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, the seventh and final installment in the series, will be released at 12:01 AM on July 21, 2007. WOO HOO!

Cathy Koenig

www.oldlighthousebooks.com

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

I cant wait. I still feel that book 7 should have come out on 7/7/07 but hey at least we dont have to wait that long after the 5th movie comes out.

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

My son and I are anxious for its release but it makes me sad that its the last one. We Harryites dont want the story to end!!!

I heard that "Harry" is doing nude plays in England. So not cool.

• Mystla
    Mystla
    I heard that "Harry" is doing nude plays in England. So not cool

I don't understand this equating the actor with the character. If an actor or singer does something I don't like.. I don't watch or listen. It's as simple as that. If you don't like "Harry" doing nude plays.. don't go see it.

I completely agree that it is sad the story line is coming to an end... but at least she's not dragging it out until you can't find the story anymore (the wheel of time series comes to mind... will he ever end it?)

I wish they would hurry up with the movies.. and not leave the ghosts out of the next one, I really missed them in the last movie.

Feeling kinda cantankerous tonight, can you tell?

Misty

• TheSilence
    TheSilence
    I still feel that book 7 should have come out on 7/7/07

I could be wrong... but isn't July 21st Harry's birthday? I would imagine that is why it was chosen.

Jackie

edited to add... I just looked it up and I'm absolutely wrong. Oh, well, it seemed a nice thought ;)

• cathyk
    cathyk

I could be wrong... but isn't July 21st Harry's birthday? I would imagine that is why it was chosen.

Harry's (and J. K. Rowling's) birthday is July 31st. But that's a Wednesday this year ... not great for the midnight book parties. I think 7/7/07 would have been good, but speculation is that Jo wants to steer clear of the 2nd anniversary of the London bombings.

Speaking of the party, I'm trying to decide whether to dress up as Mrs. Weasley or as Prof. Trelawney. I dressed up as Trelawney for Halloween this year. :-)

Cathy Koenig

www.oldlighthousebooks.com

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

I'll tell ya one thing I have been missing from the las 2 movies...the kids wearing cloaks and robes, real wizard garb.

• Gill
    Gill

Totally Fanatastic!

Can't wait. I'll be drinking my tea from my Harry Potter mug!

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

nerd that I am starting june 8, I will start reading book one and on up till the release of the new book.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

bttt for BigTex

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit