please send prayers my way

by junctions-wife 28 Replies latest jw friends

• junctions-wife
    junctions-wife

My 83 year old Grandmother is very sick. She has not eaten anything in two days, We tried chicken noodle soup tonight and she just drank the broth. anybody have any kind of suggestions I will listen. I can't lose her I would go off the deep end. She is the greatest.

thanks everyone

amanda

• Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate

Have you tried the health shakes for the elderly patient? Something like Ensure but they have something special for geriatric patients.

What does the doctor think?

Will be praying for her.

• hopie
    hopie

Hello Junctions-wife

• Merry Magdalene
    Merry Magdalene

Loving prayers coming your way AmandaSorry your dear one is unwell. A woman I once helped care for stopped eating, had no appetite, would only drink, so her family bought Ensure for her (I think it was) so that she was still getting balanced nutrition.

I wish you all the best.

~Merry

• hopie
    hopie

Hello Junctions-wife

Could you give us alittle more information? like....has she seen a doctor? do you know what is wrong with her?

There has to be a reason for her to not want to eat.

Hopie

• junctions-wife
    junctions-wife

We have to be very carefull of what we can give her. She does not like the Ensure shakes or Boost. She has Crohn's disease, and few others. Pretty much she eats a very bland diet anyway. I know if she doesn't eat something she will wind back in the hospital, and I really don't want that.

thanks

amanda

• junctions-wife
    junctions-wife

is there something else than the Ensure drinks?

• hopie
    hopie

Yes, I would suggest too, some tasty health drinks.

I am sorry to hear of her illness, and hope she will recover.

Hopie

• J-ex-W
    J-ex-W

junctions_wife --------------- Wish I had words...just (((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))))))))

• junctions-wife
    junctions-wife

She has been fighting the Crohn's now for over 20 years. it is something that she lives with. She took her flu shot last year in November to be exact. I am going to miss work tomorrow so I can stay home with her and try to get her to eat and drink. I am hoping some yogurt will help tomorrow. She was always good at taking care of others when they are sick now it is our turn to take care of her. You know what the funny thing is, I moved out here last part of October with my parents, to help out when needed. I have an uncle just three blocks away and I can count how many his has visited on both hands. and usually when he has visited is when other family memembers are in town.

thanks everyone

amanda

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit