The Watchtower Official Page of Hypocrisy

by Vinny 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Mary
    Mary

Yep.....got this one bookmarked. Thanks!!

• TopHat
    TopHat

But then they have a link like this one: http://www.watchtower.org/library/g/2000/6/22/diagram_01.htm

• dedpoet
    dedpoet
    "Education shows you how to think. Propaganda tells you WHAT to think."

"Propagandists relentlessly force you to hear their view and discourage discussion."

"The propagandist makes sure that his message appears to be the right and moral one and that it gives you a sense of importance and belonging if you follow it. "

I don't know how they dare publish this crap, unless they were writing about themselves when they did.

Good find Vinny, thanks

• Vinny
    Vinny

Thanks TopHat for the link.

What's so great about the net, is that people everywhere are now finding out about these kinds of things. I have seen one after another quit their bible study solely due to information that was found on, or shared through the internet. Information that was unavailable back in 1987 when I first started my JW journey. True, the average rank and file JW will not even look at it, if even from their own website. But slowly and surely this kind of information is breaking through the walls put up and around these people.

And THAT can only be a good thing!

• New Worldly Translation
    New Worldly Translation

Good find Vinny.

It is amazing they can write that stuff with a straight face. At least some JW's took that advice, and that's why we're here at JWD!

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

Wow. The points in that article (and the gross hypocrisy of the WBTS in relation to it) are pretty much exactly why I can no longer remain a JW in good conscience.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

The beautiful thing about the article TopHat linked is that it is titled "Is the Work of Jehovah's Witnesses Propagandistic?", then it goes on to explain that JW's are not 'communists, zionists, or promoters of American imperialism.'

Then concludes by saying that their work "would hardly be termed 'propaganda.'"

Excuse me, but .. um... thanks for the info on your non-communism and such, but could we get back to the issue of using propaganda or not? Thanks...

How that series EVER made it to print -- let alone got on their web page -- is mind-boggling!

Dave

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep
    Propagandists relentlessly force you to hear their view and discourage discussion. Often their real motives are not apparent. They sift the facts, exploiting the useful ones and concealing the others. They also distort and twist facts, specializing in lies and half-truths. Your emotions, not your logical thinking abilities, are their target.
    Using discernment, we will be able to recognize those who are merely using "smooth talk and complimentary speech" in order to "seduce the hearts of guileless ones." ( Romans 16:18 ) Discernment enables you to discard irrelevant information or misleading facts and distinguish the substance of a matter. But how can you discern when something is misleading?

Wow!! Thanks for posting this!

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

That was too funny. Thanks for that. I hadn't seen it before. Renee

• Borgia
    Borgia

This is a nice one. pdf printed for further reference.

Cheers

Borgia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit