Will the WTS. disolve and fade a way in time... ( Your perspective )

by thetrueone 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Gill
    Gill

Moving to the countryside! That's interesting! A bit like Wacco in Texas then! The final hold out of the GB is Patterson!

I give them thirty years at the most before they're just a very small cult. They are already irrelevant to the world in general and information technology is their death warrant.

I hope they die before me. Either way, they are doomed.

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

I think they will just fade away slowly, and in the next 25 - 50 years the decrease in membership will gradually increase as kids of jws realise that what their parents were taught, and what they tried to teach them, is actually bull$hit. They will find this out through the internet, which is an enemy the wts can't defeat.

In time, they will become a very minor cult with a mostly elderly membership, and will eventually disappear altogether.

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth

I don't think they'll totally disolve. They've been opening up Corporations pretty much the same as Big Businesses do.

• elinor
    elinor

I hope that one day they are gone and receive only the barest mention by any media source, although you really don't hear that much about them. I know that since I have faded (still fading actually) that I rarely hear any news about them and only from my family who are still very much zealots of the religion.

I think that, psychologically, it is a good thing that they fade instead of an abrupt ending. Could you just imagine the chaos among its members that would ensue? They would think that A) Armageddon was here and who knows what the truly indoctrinated would do then or B) it is just some big test from Jehovah (though they say that God doesn't test anyone in modern times). It would be too much of a shock to the system and I would not want the cold water of truth that was thrown on me to be thrown at my family.

No, a slow fade, and eventual extinction, is probably for the best.

• willyloman
    willyloman

I'm happy to say I have stopped wondering about this and someday you will, too.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Whilst I'd like to see them disappear in my lifetime, I 'm not really bothered if they don't I am happy with my life away from them now, and whether they decrease, increase or stay the same won't affect me in any way.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Thanks for comments all very good !

I have said before that the inter- net is the biggest threat and worry right now for the WTS. the information spreading around is very damaging to their

credablity.........so keep on typing folks

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

The only thing that will truly affect the organisation is if there is some radical change of one or more of their fundamental/core teachings and this creates a marked polarisation in the congregations to the effect that the organisation fractures into two or more groups. For example, if the 1914 teaching was dropped or drastically re-jigged, it might cause a large 'stumbling' and those who left might form new groups of their own. But if the Society decided to accept, say, the trinity teaching, it would basically be the death knell of the organisation known as JW's.

Information Technology is already catching up with the Society in a profound way. Logic dictates that the more JW's have access to the www information highway, the more JW's are discovering the flaws and dirty laundry of their religion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit