Will the WTS. disolve and fade a way in time... ( Your perspective )

by thetrueone 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Hi, just wanted to know your thoughts on what you think the future holds for the WTS. ?

What for an example what do you think they will be writing on the cover of the W & A magazines 50 or 100 hundred years form now ?

Will the age of information and techology finally catch up to them (eg. the inter-net, media, education )

or will they maintain their strength by recycling the working bethelites so to speak up the ladder one by one.

Bear in mind that the GB count on the WTS. to support themselves such as food, clothing, shelter, medical, dental, transportation and travel ............

It is their life blood ( no pun intended ) was to be abruply cut off where and what would happen to these guys ?

Looking for meat in due season................thetrueone

I welcome your comments .........

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

Well, I don't know about all your questions. But 50 years from now OUR KINGDOM MINISTRY will probably be exactly the same, with different publications featured!

I think the 'fade' has already started.

Outaservice

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

I think they have plents of "treasures" not "in heaven" stored up to take care of all the "important" people if something were to happen.....As far as it happening, I hope so.....I know they seem to be shrinking....but some people seem to LIKE being in the cult.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

religions all start as cults.

both evolve. it's how cults become religions. if we were in a different time, i might say that the wts might make it to religion status, but i have doubts for all of the fundamentalist abrahamic faiths these days.

when an organism cannot evolve fast enough for the changing environment, even if it is a memetic organism in a cultural niche, it dies, or changes radically.

i can see the religion still being around in 50 years, but much smaller and different. evolved in other words. the world will have left behind all of but the most fundamentalist followers.

tetra

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

I wonder if their selling of their buildings in Brooklyn has something to do with downsizing.

I also read today from a reliable source that they once owned and purchased a lavish

Masonic Hall and spent a million or so to refurbish it. There’s that connection again

with the Freemasons ...........ummmmm.

Kingdom Hall...............Masonic Hall..........

• Mary
    Mary

Given their stubborn refusal to be more realistic and less harsh and dogmatic on the R&F, I say that they'll go the way of the Puritans eventually.

• moshe
    moshe

I don't think they can reinvent thenselves into a kinder more gentle religion. They have condemned the whole world outside their KH to death at Armageddon and in so doing made themselves the enemy of all decent people. "I'm sorry", is just not in their collective heart.

• The wanderer
    The wanderer

The Watchtower has hundreds of millions of dollars
    in assets. It is not very likely that they will
    dissolve anytime soon.

Yes, the information age and technology will
    catch up to them in Western society. However,
    there are many third world countires in which
    they are doing very well in.

All things considered they have enough to hold
    out for at least another 50 or so years.

Respectfully,

The Wanderer

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

I quess if the mainstays of power and control are there, so will the men ! ..........Bummer

• Philippus79
    Philippus79

They wont resolve themselves, never! But maybe Christ will resolve them?

As regards selling their properties: They wont size down. They do it out of 2 reasons:

Reason 1 is that they discern that NYC is a dangerous place to be and they plan to move out to the facilities that are more in the countryside.

Reason 2 is that they structure all their possesions and domains completly new so that they can't be sued and distrained that easily.

Agape,

Philippus

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit