My Personal Experiences thus far

by Ken O 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• twinkletoes
    twinkletoes

Welcome to the forum Ken, it's good to have you here with us.

You will find lots of support from very nice people on this board

Twinkletoes and husband Kaytee (Ken too)

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Ken,

WELCOME to the forum!!!

Wow!! What a story, you have really been through the mill. I cannot give much advise as far as your wife goes, except for one thing. She is going to be feeling very alone inside right now, feeling you are both on seperate paths. I would give her and the kids extra attention and love. Perhaps since you just recently made your decision known to the elders, perhaps give her a little time to see you are not a bad guy for leaving. In time things will get in a more normal routine. If you take it slowley and be patient, she may very well come around!! Until then, hang in there!!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• esw1966
    esw1966

I understand your feelings...

I have 3 children being raised jw. A sister and a father jw. (mother died faithful jw)

I just got out in the last year and a half.

How do you help people who are afraid to listen to you as your words are the same as 'the Devil's'?

I put it to prayer. I think you CANNOT beat LOVE. I have also found that you will always 'beat' a jw by taking the high road, by doing the RIGHT thing. Doing THAT makes THEM do the wrong thing and EVENTUALLY that has GOT to sink in that YOU are always doing the RIGHT thing and they are doing the WRONG thing. That has GOT to get them to think ONE day.

Win them without a word. Let them SEE your good conduct. Make them WONDER at your happiness and joy. They will expect bad things to happen to you as the demons 'must' have you under their control. Your life will soon show that the things they have been taught about 'worldly' people IS NOT correct.

I guess you cannot convince someone anything if they are not in a place to listen. You can only DEMONSTRATE what is good and right and LOVING before them. LOVE WILL conquer all in my opinion. They will always know that you will treat them well. They will know you are always respectful and honorable to them. No one will leave a relationship like that. jw's do not feel LOVED, they feel shame and guilt. Give them LOVE. They are STARVED for it. They will not leave you for they NEED your LOVING SUPPORT.

Let THEM come to their own understanding. Never abandon them.

I feel as if I will lose my children to the borg. They are not SEARCHING for God, but are accepting what they are taught as truth. ONE day their world may crumble or they may have a question or their eyes may be opened. When that happens they will hopefully come to me. They will have no one else to turn to.

It is a VERY frustrating position to be in. I put it in God's hands. I feel that God loves and wants them even more than I do! So, if I just do what is right and display Christ in my life towards them, then God can use that to accomplish His purpose.

I have tried to reason with them and THAT DOESN'T WORK! I have even resorted to just sharing a Bible chapter. I get - "Don't share the Bible with us. Just tell us about your day."

I hope this has been of some help to you.

Lead by example. Choose JESUS as your Exampler! SHOW THEM LOVE! PRAY about it. Make THEM wonder about YOUR conduct. By being motivated by LOVE you will give them something they have never felt before and hopefully they will be drawn to that and begin to think about the differences between your beliefs and their own.

BEST OF SUCCESS TO YOU! I HOPE THINGS WORK OUT WELL FOR YOU! NEVER GIVE UP, BUT LEAN ON GOD IN PRAYER AND DEMONSTRATE THE LOVE OF CHRIST TO YOUR FAMILY. CHRIST DIED FOR YOU, SHOW GREAT LOVE TO YOUR FAMILY. It will make them THINK! THEY need to be the ones to come to the understanding you have come to and they cannot be dragged there.

• Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
    Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit

Ken O,

Welcome. Enjoyed your post very much, thanks for telling your story. You'll get more support from this site than you'll know what to do with!

Kudos to you for your bravery and conviction.

catfish

• Ken O
    Ken O

Hello everyone! I can't believe it's been so long since I posted on here! Since leaving in Jan 2007, my wife came around shortly afterward and starting reading the information I found. She left the WTS too, though she just drifted away. We are still married, though we've been through some really tough spots since that time. I now know why people say couples who leave the WTS often times end up getting divorced. When your marriage is based on a lie, it's difficult to know where to pick up at. She started smoking then, and is still addicted to it; yes I did play the whole addiction thing on her but it didn't work....she said she was done with being told what to do with her life.

In 2009 I ran for City Council; didn't win, but I did get involved and until a couple months ago I was involved with the city housing authority as one of the commissioners.

I finished my Associate's degree in May 2011 and I am working on my BA in History at American Military University, a totally online accredited college. I hope to go on to earn an MA in History and teach at community colleges and/or online colleges. I am leaving law enforcement and we are moving to Florida this summer. Among other illnesses, is my Chronic Kidney Disease, which is slowly progressing downwards. I feel it's time to step aside from being the sheep dog and focus on my health and family. Besides, who can resist Florida right?

Looking forward to being active and reading up on what everyone has been up to on the boards.

Ken

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Welcome from Australia. Police eeh.....I need to hide my stash!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit