we're not getting on the boat

by BlackSwan of Memphis 18 Replies latest jw experiences

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Well our furnace was acting up Monday night. It wasn't staying on, which when it's positively freezing out, is not good.

My husband called a few different people and finally asked me if I would be ok if he called my brother? See, my brother is a) a heating and cooling guy and b) the heating and cooling guy who put in our furnace a few years back. So, who better to call?

So I said fine, as I would be working yesterday anyway and if could come over, I'd be gone anyway. We tried various phone numbers and couldn't reach him, so finally my husband emailed him Monday night and told him he could call him the following day.

Well, I left for work, my brother calls my husband. He decides to come over and help us out, very nice of him, I know.

He comes in and my youngest one shows him her slippers, which she tells him she got for Christmas and her watch which she got for her birthday. I guess he was pretty nice about it, didn't get mad or weirded out.

He fixed our furnace. As he was leaving, he was nice, still he and my husband got to talking. My brother said that this sort of stuff was ok, and if he would have seen me he would have talked to me (I would not have been there either way). My husband said something about the situation we were all in and my brother said that they as JWs were 100% one way. And he also said that it was like Noah's day. And the doors are closing and we're not getting on the boat....so....

My husband piped in, yeah, we're toast.

My brother says, well, yeah. And the prophecies are coming true (I'm totally paraphrasing this right now) and to live our lives to the fullest...blah. blah. blah.

Ok.

Ya know, when did God die and put him in charge of things? It cracks me up to no end, that God is going to whack me and my kids and husband (and the rest of this horrible world) and child molesters will make it through if they just say they're sorry.

I told my husband there is no way in hell I'm dealing with him or any of them, he is more then welcome to, as long as I'm not around, because if he would have said that to me, I would have told him to get the bleepity bleep out of my house.

I can't believe I beleived this stuff just a couple of years ago.Seems like a lifetime ago now.

Hey ho, gotta go take kids to school.

hope you are all having a good day(morning, night depending on what continent you live on)(and what part)

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

Move over Christ, we found some better judges.

Is 55:8,9 For the thoughts of YOU people are not my thoughts, nor are my ways YOUR ways,” is the utterance of Jehovah. 9 “For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so my ways are higher than YOUR ways, and my thoughts than YOUR thoughts.

Matt 7:1,2 Stop judging that YOU may not be judged; 2 for with what judgment YOU are judging, YOU will be judged; and with the measure that YOU are measuring out, they will measure out to YOU

Sheer arrogance, mixed with fear, sprinkled with haughtiness, covered with a lack of honesty about your own sins, EAT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

abr

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Greetings BlackSwan of Memphis,

"God is going to whack me and my kids and husband"

And all because you don't warm a chair at the KH?

"All the prophecies are coming true" All the prophecies that the big bad world has no clue is happening. Just more small minded dub talk with their pompous attitude, believing they've put the big bad world on notice with their "The Sky Is Falling" prophecies. Your husband should have said. Oh thanks for fixing the furnace, leave a bill, now make like a tree (that Noah used for his boat) and leave.

Dismembered

• free2think
    free2think

((((((((((((((((((((BSoM))))))))))))))))))))))))

It's such a shame THEY can't distinguish between their religion and real life and seperate the two and think with there hearts for a change. I'm so sorry. My Dad said the same kind of thing to me the other day so I know how it is when they say rubbish like that. They really can't see outside of the situation or anyone else's point of view.

(((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))))))))))

free2think

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

avidbiblereader: Ok, I rarely say this any more but I'll say it now....."amen to that!" That first scripture you quoted was one I would not have thought of.

Sheer arrogance, mixed with fear, sprinkled with haughtiness, covered with a lack of honesty about your own sins, EAT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Poetically written, I love it!

And all because you don't warm a chair at the KH?

Apparently so! (they weren't that comfy anyway!)

"All the prophecies are coming true" All the prophecies that the big bad world has no clue is happening. Just more small minded dub talk with their pompous attitude, believing they've put the big bad world on notice with their "The Sky Is Falling" prophecies.

Ya know this is what gets me! My brother out of all people Should know the history the jw's have with prophecies!!! It amazes me. You have it right small minded dub talk/pompous attitude.

It drives me crzy because my brother would give you the shirt off his back. He's such a great guy for the most part. I've my issues to sort out about him, but I know deep down he is just a sweet guy, who is so misguided!

Your husband should have said. Oh thanks for fixing the furnace, leave a bill, now make like a tree (that Noah used for his boat) and leave.

lol. My husband is too nice for that. He really likes my brother (they have had some very intersting talks) and I think he misses him. So, I think that's why he hesitated. I figure, if he and my brother can have a relationship without me involved, that's fine. I can deal with that. (When I'm not freaking over tired and crabby). I know it bothers me more, because it's a closer situation between me and bro.

It's such a shame THEY can't distinguish between their religion and real life and seperate the two and think with there hearts for a change.

I think that a good many jw's want to have us back in their lives, my family included and your dad as well. I think right now there is A Lot of pressure. The world events are being spun by the WTS to their advantage and there is so much talk about the end. So, their strings are being pulled quite easily right now.

My Dad said the same kind of thing to me the other day so I know how it is when they say rubbish like that. They really can't see outside of the situation or anyone else's point of view.

It is hurtful and angering! There is that pompous attitude again. <<they pat themselves on the back>> we're so good, we're making it into the paradise <<pats us on the head>> you're as good as buried.

What the heck???

We've been tried and sentenced already.

<<<sigh>>>

oh well

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

stay strong f2think!

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

If too many people get on the boat, wont it sink?

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis
    If too many people get on the boat, wont it sink?

yeah ya know with all those animals and what not?

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

It doesn't sound like you missed much BSOM, not getting to talk to him. Is he certain he will be "on the boat"? He probably arrogantly assumes so, like many jws.

I 'd have been tempted to ask him to name a few of the prophecies that have been fulfilled, and when they happened.

• ButtLight
  • BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Linda: You know you read my mind! How Can he be Sooooo certain he's on the boat? Maybe there isn't even a reservation for him and he just don't know it! Or maybe he'll have to sit next to skunk.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit