Holocaust denial, do you think it's serious?

by avishai 50 Replies latest jw friends

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

Yea..kind of. Only because we are so close in time to the event and it's totally documentable. The serious part is when a person who would dispute the event gets power and status and followers.

In th big picture, like 100 years from now, it will be no more serious or relevant than the flat earth society is today... the denial part, that is. The Holocaust or any other genicide is terrible.

~Hill

• Mary
    Mary
    skyking said: Like I said before my Gandpa were there and his word goes against other eye witnesses so who are we to believe. Many others tell the same story as my grand dad. My family was there and many of them died at Auswich so I am not saying the Nazi were nice people.

You're full of shit. No one who had family who died at Auschwitz would make such an assinine claim as you have. Apparently, skyking can't even keep his lies straight: If "many" of your family were at Auschwitz and they died, how exactly did they die if there were no gas chambers? Were they all shot? Hung? And I have yet to meet anyone who really had family members at this imfamous camp who couldn't even spell the name of it right.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I would think there were a lot of people of the jewish religion killed during world war 2. But considering that history is always written by the victors and the vested interest involved and controlled, I would think the numbers would be unreliable. I understand people of the jewish faith wanting the world to remember so it doesnt happen again and I am all for people being reminded. While genocide of people of the jewish faith has gone way down I think man has just focused his attention on other groups to annhilate. Ethnic cleansing seems to be what some people in power try to do to maintain control.

I take it your talking about the holocaust of the people of the jewish faith in world war 2 and not the Serbs and Croats or Idi Amin or any other dictator.

• avishai
    avishai
    I take it your talking about the holocaust of the people of the jewish faith in world war 2 and not the Serbs and Croats or Idi Amin or any other dictator.

Nope, I addressed that in an earlier post, that the denial happens about other genocides as well. It sux too!

• aniron
    aniron

Skyking I suggest you get the DVD "Auschwitz - The Nazis and the Final Solution"

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0006FNXNA/km-21/ref=nosim

• stapler99
    stapler99

I don't care that much whether the 'Holocaust' happened, it has about as much relevance to me as Herod's slaugher of the innocents.

Nevertheless I do care that people are sent to gaol just for expressing an opinion about it. I believe that Holocaust Negationists do honestly believe what they say, and are not motivated by hate. I think you have to look at their arguments seriously. It's hard to be objective about someone's views when I see the amount of ad hominem attacks being made on these people.

• avishai
    avishai
    Nevertheless I do care that people are sent to gaol just for expressing an opinion about it. I believe that Holocaust Negationists do honestly believe what they say, and are not motivated by hate. I think you have to look at their arguments seriously. It's hard to be objective about someone's views when I see the amount of ad hominem attacks being made on these people.

While I agree that it should'nt be criminalised, I strongly disagree that there are'nt deniers motivated by hate.

• lowden
    lowden

Skyking

I've read your posts in the past and you seem to be open and strongly attracted to conspiracy theorising.

Listen chap.....why the HELL would anyone make this up??

I mean...SIX MILLION!!!!!!!!!!!

Believing in this doesn't make me more kindly to Jewish people. It simply makes me aware of the evil potential of humankind.

I've watched, listened and read of Camp Survivors.

The Gas Chambers were built AFTER the war?????

EH?????

WTF???

I need Guinness..........................

Lowden

• stapler99
    stapler99

I didn't say that all Holocaust deniers were not motivated by hate. I accept that a few of them may be, but I think not that many.

But why would you put so much effort into arguing a position, risking being hated by society and being prosecuted in the courts, just out of hate?

A slightly related example to show this is a similar argument that is associated with anti-semitism that I am sure that you will reject. Some conspiracy theorists like to point out the historical Jewish involvement in Communism. The usual argument goes that Communism was created and propagated by Jews (such as Marx and Trotsky) in order to gain revenge for anti-Jewish actions of the Russian people and the Czar, by inflicting this destructive ideology on Russia.

I can accept that Communism had a Jewish nature, but I seriously doubt that it was motivated by hatred of Russians. I imagine Karl Marx sitting writing his books, thinking about his ideas. He, as I'm sure you'd agree, wouldn't put all this effort in if he didn't believe in what he was writing. This would be his intellectual legacy.

LIKEWISE, I don't belive Holocaust deniers secretly think that what they are saying is wrong but come out with their arguments anyway, just because they hate Jews.

• Mary
    Mary
    But why would you put so much effort into arguing a position, risking being hated by society and being prosecuted in the courts, just out of hate?

Uh, yes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit