FREE CHICK IS 40 TODAY!!

by bubble 34 Replies latest jw friends

• sspo
    sspo

Happy birthday freechick and i wish 80 more happy ones.

• free2think
    free2think

Happy Birthday Free Chick, hope you're enjoying yourself!

free2think

• Do Not Call
    Do Not Call

Happy Birthday, Free Chick!!!
    Cuarenta anos? Life begins at 40!

Love DNC XXX

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

HAPPY BIRTHDAY FREE CHICK!

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

Some of the best things in life are FREE chick.

Happy birthday!

• chrissee
    chrissee

Happy Birthday!!!!!

• sandy
    sandy

Happy Birthday Free Chick!

• seawolf
    seawolf
    Some of the best things in life are FREE chick.

awesome++++

• FreeChick
    FreeChick

WOW ((everyone)), I'm all teary in a good way here...thank you for all the b-day wishes!

So, I'm really very excited today...something close to my heart has come together just at this point in my life!

A little background...tried to make this short...

In my early 20's I worked for 5 years in the federal criminal justice system. Our office supervised defendants who were awaiting trial. As part of our duties, we performed complete background checks on them...family, health, criminal, etc. What an eye opening experience into the human psyche!

What came from that experience was the fact that kids have to be shown at an early age that there are alternatives in life and let them see positive opportunities. I knew I wanted to help somehow and for years thought about volunteering in a troubled teen facility...but it never really got me excited...excited enough to go find one to volunteer at! Then I thought about volunteering in an educational program to help younger children read and write...checked into quite a few...again not excited enough. So, about 4 years ago, I realized how difficult it is for someone to better themself if they aren't having their basic needs met...food, clothing shelter. Ahh, yep, that's it! I had specific ideas about what type of organization I wanted to be involved with and had trouble finding a match. Then, I had family obligations to take care of and got sidetracked yet again! It's really difficult to admit how I let everything sidetrack me from something I knew I needed to do in my life...something to help my spirituality.

Anyway, I was sharing a bottle of wine with my manager on Saturday night. We ended up having quite a heartfelt and deep discussion and at one point he asked me to share my life goals. Well, I want to finish my degree soon and be involved with an organization that will insure that children are fed everyday. Monday morning I check my work e-mail, and there it is...he found a local organization! I've been in touch with them and I will be adopting a child, and, more then likely, children in my community. The organization insures the child receives one healthy meal a day...it's a start!

I can't express how good it feels to finally realize this opportunity, it's that thing that makes me want to jump out of bed every morning and enjoy life!

Sooooo...on a MUCH less serious note...a local nightclub in town plays 80's music on Tuesdays! How appropriate is that?!?! I gotta go dust off my dancing shoes...

Thanks again!

FreeChick

PS-Many thanks for the b-day wishes Crumpet, Georgiegirl, UnConfused, Codeblue, Linda & Trev, Seawolfie, Purps, Juni, AudeSapere, Windchime, sspo, free2think, Do Not Call and a couple of PM's from people who don't celebrate b-days but wished me Happy B-Day anyway...lol

((GG/BG)) you inspired me to start a thread on moms. Let me get my thoughts together.

• mouthy
    mouthy

HAPPY BIRTHDAY FREE CHICK! And many many more -your still a baby!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit