Need advice from elders, former elders and anyone else for that matter.....

by nonamegiven 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• onacruse
    onacruse

nng, here's what I did:

I was df'd (for apostasy), and, after a couple of years, decided to ask for reinstatement (to be back with my family).

The elders asked me: "What do you think of the Watchtower Society?" I answered: "I understand that the Watch Tower Society has the authority to dictate what I must believe."

On the basis of that statement, I was reinstated.

It was one of the worst decisions I've ever made in my life, and I'm still paying for it, to this day.

Craig

• nightwarrior
    nightwarrior

My thoughts on this subject You need to firstly realize that you have been a bad bad boy that you need to be punished which goes against all christian teachings you must forgive 77 times according to jesus christ whom the scriptures are based upon never the less the scriptures explained by the bethel from the bible are contrary to gods real word which was coppied directly from the king james version by the watchtowers foundling fathers whom added there own version to the bible Which i beleive invalidatesany relationship with the creator secondly you need to march into the kingdom hall while the watchtower is being taken stroll along to the rostrum(platform )DROP YOUR TROUSERS And allow every supposedly elder perform a sex act upon your bottom WHY ??? Because they have shafted you once before and now your beging to be shafted all over again why dont you apply for reinstatement in the army, as you would serve a better purpose you will be selling the old magazines once again back on the old tread mill no more easy life you allso know that you will be living a lie by supporting A MAGAZINE PRINTING COMPANY Far removed from god They are in the businness of selling magazines which earn them billions of dollars yearly allso controlling weak minded peoples lifes Wake up and smell the coffee stay away and find life elswhere if not you will regret it for the rest of your days give yourself the choicesin LIFE

• VanillaMocha73
    VanillaMocha73

Well, when I applied, I was told that since my ex-husband said no, that was it. But I would have to ask why you want back in? Have you examined this thoroughly? By their fruits you will know them - have you found Christian love in the congregation? If not, do you really want your name to be a part of it? I know it is scary and hard to lose friends and family - I know this firsthand. I put in almost a full year of hanging my head in shame, sliding in to the back of the KH and being treated like dirt. It got to where I could not take it anymore. Eventually, God led me to a Christian church and the difference was so night and day that I could not physically go back to the other anymore. God has given me new friends and a better family than I ever experienced. I have more than I ever asked for. So, before you put yourself through the humiliation and shame of applying to have your life back, think long and hard....

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

I hope you get what you want....all of us have to decide what is best for us. I do understand going back to see your family. I have thought about it many times, since I have not seen any of my family in seven years. For me I went back to the KH a few times, but realized I couldn't lie..I just don't want to be dictated to. I have moved on. Good luck in whatever you think is right for you and your family.

Leslie

• roflcopter
    roflcopter

When I got DFd I was out for a measly 3 months before reinstated.... I just grovelled like crazy in my letter. Actually one of the elders on the judicial body really insulted me by telling me he didnt think I wrote the letter myself and that I must have got help. Hah at that point I already knew I wasnt interested in the religion anymore, but still... what a way to seal it. None the less they decided to reinstate me.

Just write about how wrong it was for you to do that, and how you brought reproach upon Jehovah's name, and that you endangered the spiritual wellbeing of the brothers and sisters in the congregation. Since you have been disfellowshipped you can see what it is like out in the world alone without Jehovah's guidance and direction acting upon your life. Then tell them that you have prayed to Jehovah alot and have cried a great deal over the sin(s) that you have committed and have begged of his forgiveness, and that you wish to be known as one of Jehovah's witnesses so as to gain his blessing again and have fellowship with your fellow brothers and sisters. bla bla bla.... you get the drift

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit