Need advice from elders, former elders and anyone else for that matter.....

by nonamegiven 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• nonamegiven
    nonamegiven

Ok, I've been DF'd for 5 months or so now and I'm getting ready to write a letter requesting reinstatment. I don't know how to do this. I'm assuming something like "I know Jah has already forgiven me so now I"m asking you imperfect sinners to forgive me my sins and give me my life back please". wouldn't work.

So, what is supposed to be in a letter asking for those holy ones to bring me back from the dead?

• Lumptard
    Lumptard

Whatever you write, make sure to include that you will never do whatever it is that you got DFd for again. A friend of mine sent his first letter w/out it and they didn't accept it. Delayed reinstatement for a year. Doesn't matter if it's a lie or not...If your ultimate goal is reinstatement.

• sir82
    sir82

Grovel, grovel, and then grovel some more.

Talk about your horrible shamefulness, and how devastating it was to let Jehovah down, and how now you are determined to do what is right.

And then grovel some more...

• new boy
    new boy

Sir 82 has it right.

At bethel we called it the "Navajo indian trick".............begging and screaming for your life!

grovel............they really like that.

• lawrence
    lawrence

Tell them you are humbled and to prove it pull out a bag of shit, and begin munching. Then again, why grovel?

Why beg; piss on their legs.

• somegirl
    somegirl

I had to write two letters before they reinstated me. I wanted to write what you said you wanted to write also. admitting wrong and that you've made changes in your life that will prevent doing wrong again is a start. but for some reason I had this feeling that the elders had already made up there minds before the letter and before you meet with them, to how long your going to be dfed. 1 year 1 month thats how long I was dfed and I made meetings and I changed my life around, after I got reinstated I went back for a little while but after that I was done. Now I'm inactive. I just cant get it out of my head that a child molster was only dfed for 6 monthes and I got the sentence of a whole year. I hope for the best for you. I dont have any other suggestions for now.

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

five months? is that all they gave you?!!? WHY THATS CRAZY!!

This early I wouldn't ask for a LETTER from you, I'd ask for a rock. I'd ask that you put that shit in STONE! Carve "I <your name> won't do it again, I promise, and I'm really really sorry." That ought to give you enough time for them to forget that you did it, and then some. It also might give them enough time to appoint the third generation, who will surely forgive you.

CG

Ok, I've been DF'd for 5 months or so now and I'm getting ready to write a letter requesting reinstatment. I don't know how to do this. I'm assuming something like "I know Jah has already forgiven me so now I"m asking you imperfect sinners to forgive me my sins and give me my life back please". wouldn't work.

So, what is supposed to be in a letter asking for those holy ones to bring me back from the dead?

IP: NkseDtwj3lPEDrH0
  • nonamegiven
    nonamegiven

I'm not actually expecting to be reinstated, but hopefull. I am sure I havn't served my time yet but I really don't think I can do it for another 6 or 7 months. For those who have read my past posts you know why I'm trying to do this but it's to the point now, I just don't know if I can. Every time I go to a meeting I get soo ticked off at how I'm treated. I come home from the meetings depressed and angry, my wife and kids (2 and 4) can even see it. I think if I keep going I'm going to loose it so I'm really going to try to lay it on thick in the hopes I can find a human being on my JC. If they say no and I don't immediatly take off, I'm thinking about submitting a letter every week or two.

• becca1
    becca1

For whatever it's worth, I hope you get reinstated soon and are able to leave with your head held high.

• MeneMene
    MeneMene

Have you read the Flock book? www.angelfire.com/mo/flockbook

I know some have found ideas in the book as to what the elders are looking to hear before they will reinstate. Unless you have good friends or relatives that are elders, 5 months is really too soon to expect anything. Never hurts to try though. Don't be surprised if you have to submit a second letter.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit