The Third Secret Of Fatima Revealed

by Tyre 19 Replies latest watchtower bible

• abbagail
    abbagail

[...]
    Then why did God have them build and look upon a copper serpent in the desert. Serpents on a pole just like that were representative of Asherah...
    [...]

C'mon, Avishai, you already know the answer to that...

"As Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life" (John 3:14,15).

The serpent on the pole prefigured Jesus' victory over Satan.

The Devil copy-cats everything God does. The serpent on the pole in the wilderness was before Asherah was mentioned in scripture. Knowing how wayward those Israelites could be, they probably felt some "nostalgia" to the Asherah idols vs. the serpent on the pole in the wilderness. Sick, but I wouldn't put it past their thinking...

Either way, you don't want to believe God's Word and I do. So that's really the bottom line. You're free to believe in your secular sources and ditto for me to believe God's Word.

/ag

• abbagail
    abbagail

[...]
    If you happen to run out of conspiracies some day you might try to exert your critical power on the Deuteronomistic historiography and whose purpose it served back in the 7th-5th century BC, when the texts you are referring to were written...
    [...]

Repeat my response to Avishai above. The bottom line is you guys don't want to believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and His Word, and will seek any source to fit what your heart desires. By all means, carry on.

As for the conspiracy "theories," I think it's a gas that the Fatima visions were seen on the 13th, and the pope was shot on the 13th. Oh yeah, I know... total COINCIDENCE... same way "history repeats itself," etc. etc. -- all total coincidence... No demonzzzz involved throughout history helping things along, naturally... of course not... No "intellectual" would ever fall for such rubbish...

/ag

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Abbagail,

Way to go girl! Lilly

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

I first heard about this growing up in the RC Church.

It is interesting that these children describe things in their vision such as Mary being the lady of the Rosary, St. Joseph with the baby Jesus, and both Joseph and Jesus giving the "sign of the cross". No where in the Bible are the Rosary and sign of the Cross mentioned, these are distinctive things to the Catholic faith. And the Bible also does not condon worship of Mary, or the view that Christ is somehow still "baby Jesus". The people who believe in this (Lady of Fatima appearance) are are being misled either by other people who wished God really did give them miraculous signs or by wicked spirits. Whichever you personally choose to believe. Lilly

Also interesting: the prophecies revolved around the RC Church and the Pope. Hmmm, imagine that!

• abbagail
    abbagail

Heehee, Lilly, "the prophecies revolved around the RC Church and the Pope. Hmmm, imagine that!"

HUGE SMILE! lol.

----------------

And THANK YOU for the "booster shot"! ;-) Proverbs 16:24 -- Pleasant words [are like] a honeycomb, Sweetness to the soul and health to the bones.

/ag

• avishai
    avishai
    Repeat my response to Avishai above. The bottom line is you guys don't want to believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and His Word, and will seek any source to fit what your heart desires. By all means, carry on.

Well now, settin' yourself up pretty high there, are'nt ya? I don't think either one of us EVER said that. What exactly was it that Jesus said about judging others? Not to mention several other writers in the bible? Hmmm...since you seem to be the expert, maybe YOU can tell me....

The serpent on the pole prefigured Jesus' victory over Satan.

The Devil copy-cats everything God does. The serpent on the pole in the wilderness was before Asherah was mentioned in scripture. Knowing how wayward those Israelites could be, they probably felt some "nostalgia" to the Asherah idols vs. the serpent on the pole in the wilderness. Sick, but I wouldn't put it past their thinking...

Number one, that's just a cop-out. Also, you contradict yourself. You say that Satan "copies" God, which would assume that he set up the Asherah poles AFTER the incident in the wilderness, then accuse the Israelites of having "nostalgia" over the Asherah idols, which would agree with the archaeolgical record that they existed long before the desert exile. If that's the case, why would God use a Pagan symbol to heal them, much less prefigure hisSon's death?

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

The meaning of the snake on the pole: (Numbers 21:6-9)

The people began to speak against Moses and ask why he brought them out of Egypt to die in the desert? They were complaining about the fact that they felt God was not providing enough substinance for them. They sinned by not showing appreciation for the fact that God had just delivered them. God's discipline came upon them like "fiery serpents"

verse 6; The the LORD sent venomous snakes among them; and they bit the people and many Israelites died. The people came to Moses and said "we have sinned" when we spoke against the LORD and against you. Pray that the LORD take the snakes away from us. So Moses prayed for the people.

In response to that prayer and God accepting the people's repentance - verse 8,9 - The LORD said to Moses, "Make a snake and put it up on a pole; anyone who is bitten can look at it and live. "So Moses made a bronze snake and put it up on a pole. The when anyone who was bitten by a snake looked at the bronze snake and lived. Note: they were not told to worship this image, just to look upon it.

Jesus uses the IMAGERY of this account in Number, in his dialogue to Nicodemus (John 3:14,15) as an ANALOGY to his own execution. Just like the snake was "lifted up" on a pole to heal those who looked upon it, Christ is "lifted up" on the cross and all those looking upon him will recieve eternal life.

Peace, Lilly

• 5go
    5go
    the view that Christ is somehow still "baby Jesus".

I'm sorry that reminded me of taledega nights.

Ricky Bobby was is to baby jesus. How you doing baby jesus.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

The entire preceeding thread is why i am giving up religion! Nothing against any poster-but all this makes my head ache. As long as a religion isn't mandating hurting people, I am not mad at it. But if I look at any very carefully, they all look as nuts as this fatima thing, or the SDA Sunday Law thing, or the JW blood thing, or whatever they are promoting. Whoever found the :ark, ark of the covenant, 'proof of the exodus'-whatever! They can all find support for anything they believe in and will disregard reason or even the Bible itself to find it. They will deny science, accept charlatans, believe in miracles (thank you Benny Hinn!). Oy. I love the idea of a loving God-but so far the more I see of religion and even the Bible, the more I hope that he doesn't have anything to do with it if he IS real.

• TheOldHippie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit