Just had a visit by r&f - kept it to this one issue -Pedophilia

by wozadummy 12 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• wozadummy
    wozadummy

We had a newly married couple visit door to door ,new to the area and did'nt know us ,so I thought I would use the same WTS tactic of trying to keep the converstion from straying .

The topic I chose was pedophilia in the WTS and how the mishandling of that issue by them was the reason we left and why my wife is DA'd.

I commended them for trying to be christian in their youth but then began my points on the different ways the society handles pedophilia and the different ways that people are damaged within by their cruel perpetrators and then the way the society rejects these broken people.

First response "well it's a problem but how many of these so-called victims are lying when actually nothing happened?!!!"

My response " Do have hard evidence to back up what you are suggesting? Did you know it is actually rare that this happens according to experts medical testimony?"

Oh she says

And so it went on with her speaking mostly defending the WTS and even suggesting I attend the CO's talk yesterday because this will help us.

I said my wife is DA'd over this issue so we know what we are talking about having fought the WTS for years.

She says " well they can't have privileges"

Oh yeah ,I said ,my wifes perp has been having the book study at his home and helped build their Kingdom Hall and told her which one.And I also pointed out that he and others still go and preach trying to get into peoples homes - does'nt that trouble you that pedophiles do this?

She said "Oh but they are accompanied"

"Well they go with whoever they want including their wives who don't believe they really did it any way ,is that OK in your eyes?"

er well

And so it went but I kept to topic to get them to question things in the future, but the clincher in the end was when she admitted she knew of the molester former elder in the congregation and what he has done to his daughters in the past!!~!

So I asked if she thought all in the congregation knew about him so as to keep their kiddies away ,and she could'nt really answer and looked down.

I know this is a bit long and sorry for this but there was other things on this topic discussed and hopefully this nice couple will not just believe what they are told.

This has actually spurred me on to do more and that will be the focus of another topic I will post soon on how to infiltrate the congregation to warn others.

• skyking
  • avishai
  • abbagail
    abbagail

Good job, wozadummy (lol on the name)...

Sad little girl at your door... she had all the "pat answers" given to them by the org. So well "rehearsed" they are, eh?

But glad you kept at it... it's like taking a hammer to a brick wall, you just have to keep hammering until you wear through the "rehearsed answers" and may find the "real person" inside that you can reason with.

Most especially infuriating (to me as an abuse survivor) is this BS line:

"well it's a problem but how many of these so-called victims are lying when actually nothing happened?!!!"

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Your comeback is quite correct... hardly anybody makes up "nightmare situations" just for the heck of it. Sheesh already! People who make statements like she did above are so far removed from understanding the dynamics of abuse, it's just pathetic. It makes my blood pressure go up just thinking about it. Pure IGNORANCE (=unlearned) people use that line of BS as a cop-out.

Anyhooo, keep up the good witnessing work! ;-D

/ag

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

Good going! I hope she thinks about reporting that "brother" she knows about who did things to his daughters! And she says others in the cong know about it?!! Is this the same one who abused your wife? Has anyone tried to bring charges against him?!!! WTF!!!?

These people are so disgusting - not just the pedophiles, but the ones who drop their heads and avert their eyes and can't or won't speak out against it publically. Puny, pathetic, weak-minded piss brains!!

Okay, sorrry for my little rant!! Good going, wozadummy! I am truly sorry to hear your wife was abused; glad you guys are getting out and trying to help others to see the light, too!

• Inquisitor
    Inquisitor

Hi wozadummy,

I've sent you a private message.

INQ

• wozadummy
    wozadummy

Abbagail

Thanks and it does make one angry ,my wife has been told this to her face by one elder and another said the same thing before we left!

Madame - sorry i was not clear enough ,the one the girl was talking about is different from my wifes perp ,but was in our old congo ,it was just coincidental that we both knew the person .

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Wow, you found someone who had their own pedophilia problem in the hall! Way to confront them on this issue.

I take screencaps of stories that show that peddies are allowed to work with whomever they want (Claude Martin, Cary Verse).

• penny2
    penny2

Well done, wozadummy! It will make them think. They will be repeating the conversation to others and that will make them think too. And during the CO's visit - that's wonderful!!

penny2

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Well Done!

Having real life examples you can point to really can bring it home. I think an excellent ponit is with the JWs letting (and even encouraging) these people to go out in FS. Just ask them if they would like a known pedifile from another church coming to their door to convert, and how they would feel if just one of their own children answered the door.

The biggest thing JWs who walk away with when having a conversation with is the problem of why? Why would God let this happen? Why would he let people be lead away from 'the truth' because of this? Why would God allow people to be pushed away from the organization because of bad policy?

Jws allways need to blame the individual for why they have left. It is much harder to do when the org is guilty and/or weak and has obviously not handeled a situation in the best way.

It can be a seed of doubt that will pick on them for years to come! Good work.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit