Grandma's in the Hospital- Help on a "JW in the family" problem

by OnTheWayOut 21 Replies latest jw friends

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Update for you who were concerned and followed the story.
    Grandma is still in intensive care. She has bounced back from her conditions
    before, but now has so many episodes of pain, that eventually, the doctors will have
    to give up on wellness and focus on pain management if she doesn't pull through
    on her own. They give her powerful drugs that are bad for the body but good for the
    pain. They are limiting them, but she keeps having pain, and her heart goes into
    overdrive when the meds wear off, her blood pressure shoots sky-high. They give in and
    give her more of the meds. We allow her to decide when to give up and focus on pain.
    She will probably give up soon, or body systems will shut down. Meanwhile, she talks
    with family and friends. She enjoys the attention, but repeats many conversations over
    and over.
    SO THE FAMILY IS EXPECTING A BAD OUTCOME. It could be
    days or even weeks- she just keeps going on and on with a bad ticker. (She refused
    surgery years ago- now she still refuses and she wouldn't survive it anyway.)

She said her son (my uncle) called her, saying where he lives and what's going on
    in his life. She doesn't remember the details. She started asking me and my mother
    questions about him. She asked "Will he come to my funeral?" I told her that he might
    call back in the next couple days, ask HIM. Better yet, he's only 5 hours by car, ask if
    he will visit you in the hospital now. She probably will remember to ask.

• Paisley
    Paisley

Thanks for the update. Your concern and great deal of effort have been fruitful; I'm happy about that, and I admire you for all you've done for the family.

I hope grandma pulls through.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit