Friends this Sunday

by Vivamus 21 Replies latest jw friends

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Pay bills, surf JWD and elsewhere, clean house, laundry...going to the art museum here in a few, i have to write a paper about a painting for a class I'm taking.

Funny how little TV I watch these days, especially now that football season is over except the Super Bowl

• becca1
    becca1

Vivamus: I have caught your cold and am sitting on the sofa reading JWD.

• blondie
    blondie

Hi Viv, I'm too tired during the week to do it. I am just about rested up by Sunday. Nothing heavy duty...I have a time-saving method that I learned when I had my cleaning business. Now that we got a jet-propelled vacuum I can't get it away from my hubbie. He's vacuuming as we speak. I almost never dust except in spring and fall...the German in my shrieks out at the dustbunnies. But it's not every Sunday. Got to be ready in case the elders drop over after the meeting (). We just try to keep things picked up and put away. But it's nice to be able to sleep in, smell the coffee brewing, read the paper and not have to jump into meeting clothes to listen to a boring talk and WT study that no one has prepared for. While the sisters gossip, the brothers strut, and the children run around the KH.

Blondie

• FadingAway
    FadingAway

Hit the kettlebells hard this morning. Mainly though I watch my boys while my wife sleep. She works on the weekends during the night.

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

Dan: good luck with the paper then! which art work is the subject of your attention? Modern, classic? ... ? And "pay the bills", dang, I forgot to do that, thanks for the indirect reminder, don't wanne be cut off again ..

*Brings Becca some chicken soup", sorry hun, rest, sleep, have lots of tissues nearby ... if you have mine it'll last for about 2 weeks (i know cuz my mum gave me hers).

Blondie: yeah, keeping things put away and picked up saves a lot of time, and that way the place usually looks clean and nice as well. Unfortunatly I have not mastered that talent. My talent is "turn a perfectly beautiful living room in a royal mess in less then a day". I just leave stuff where i drop it, horrible, horrible habit ...

Fading: I actually had to look "kettlebells" up, unfortunatly it is not in my dictionary... I have kettle, kettledrum, kettledrummer and kettle holder. But i'm sure (or hope so) that hitting them kettledrums was fun

• FadingAway
    FadingAway

Here is a link to kettlebell training:

http://www.russiankettlebells.com/

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

I'm impressed! Its Russian (love Russia) and (I quote)

Hacks your fat off—without the dishonor of dieting and aerobics

I might just try it when i get my ass off this coach...

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Hi Vivamus. This Sunday is day 2 of my 2 week vacation. I took my wife out for poppyseed bagels toasted with creme cheese and coffee. Then we went grocery shopping for the week. Came home walked our 4 cocker spaniels up to the corner picked up a Sunday papper. I've made a few post her at jwd. And I'm about to mix some music that I have recorded to a CD. I am recording a cd of about 18 songs that I am going to try to market on the internet and doing live performances here in Florida. I have my own recording studio here in the house. Right now it is 2 in the afternoon in Florida and about 67degrees a little on the chilly side. I had to wear pants and a sweater.

If it was warmer I would take my wife for a motorcycle ride out to dinner. Maybe tomorrow.

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

Hi Jaguar, well, that is a fine way to spend day 2 of your vacation. What kind of music have you recorded? and owww, a motorcycle ride to a nice romantic dinner, sounds absolutly perfect!! enjoy your vacation

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Hi Vivamus. It's original music that I am recording, I play the guitar, bass guitar, drums and keyboards and sing. I try to keep it to that format so that I can go out and play it live in bars and clubs. It's kind of unique music today. Inspired by 60's artist like Spirit, Traffic, Greatful Dead, Steely Dan, Golden Earring, Jefferson Airplane, The beatles, Stones and the Kinks. And a little Frank Zappa.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit